Home

Straight up default

This is a discussion on Straight up default within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6
Straight up default

I'm trying to pick a slider set for my dynasty and reading through these threads it seems like nobody can find a common balance again this year. That being said is anyone playing straight up default? What type of results are you seeing? I just want to enjoy this game and for once not switching between slider sets until ncaa 15 comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Straight up default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpete07
I'm trying to pick a slider set for my dynasty and reading through these threads it seems like nobody can find a common balance again this year. That being said is anyone playing straight up default? What type of results are you seeing? I just want to enjoy this game and for once not switching between slider sets until ncaa 15 comes out.
About 13 ypc with QB's on the option and about 8 ypc with running backs. The dive play out of any formation is an instant 6 yards. I think that is why most of us have turned away from default, but if you are willing, a guy named Jacory just posted a very promising looking slider set you should give that a shot, you can find them here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2045311201
Old 08-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

I get good games with the following:

CPU Defense: Heisman
CPU Offense: All American (to reduce robo QB)

7 minute quarters
Game speed: normal
Speed threshold: 50
Camera: wide
Penalties: default

I win and lose against the CPU with these settings.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I get good games with the following:

CPU Defense: Heisman
CPU Offense: All American (to reduce robo QB)

7 minute quarters
Game speed: normal
Speed threshold: 50
Camera: wide
Penalties: default

I win and lose against the CPU with these settings.
I used the same setting except slow speed and 8 minute quarters the cpu out gained me but I one due to turnovers. I'm rolling with these.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
I use default All-American for both Off and Def and I'm satisfied with what I see!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #6
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpete07
On default there is too much passing yardage from CPU, running game can be easy to dominate, etc. I think that you should start by finding the game speed you like from default, then edit the other things. Just dropping a few things like QBA and RBL will help a lot.. and I lowered OPI and DPI penalties just to make coverage tighter.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was following matt10s slider thread making all the adjustments they were. After a while it got to be tedious and took the fun out of it. About 2 weeks ago, I said screw it and just started playing on default AA(I did this last year), and I'll never go back to slider hell. For me at least, they play nearly perfect...realistic outcomes and stats. I'm also not seeing the DB glitch. I never run 4 verts and i don't complete a long ball that often at all. I'll be sticking with default AA for sure.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Straight up default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs
I was following matt10s slider thread making all the adjustments they were. After a while it got to be tedious and took the fun out of it. About 2 weeks ago, I said screw it and just started playing on default AA(I did this last year), and I'll never go back to slider hell. For me at least, they play nearly perfect...realistic outcomes and stats. I'm also not seeing the DB glitch. I never run 4 verts and i don't complete a long ball that often at all. I'll be sticking with default AA for sure.
Default AA with auto pass coach mode is gaming heaven on NCAA 14 (to me)! Another reason is because I'd hate to jump on a slider bandwagon and when a patch drops have it screw everything up. In addition, I'm never satisfied with game outcomes with sliders. I'm always second guessing whether certain things would happen if I was playing on default. By staying on default I take the outcomes for what they are and roll on. I'm in year 4 of my Georgia State career coach mode offline dynasty. This is the furthest along I've been in a dynasty this soon after release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-04-2013 at 06:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »