Home

Purely out of random curiosity, what are you more comfortable with?

This is a discussion on Purely out of random curiosity, what are you more comfortable with? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Purely out of random curiosity, what are you more comfortable with?

Batting RH or LH? Does it depend on the pitcher's handedness?

and...

Pitching RH or LH? Does it depend on the hitter's handedness?

For me the conventionally "better" situations feel best ie. batting LH vs. a RH pitcher or pitching LH vs a LH hitter.

But I was wondering, does anyone feel more comfortable with same-sided match-ups?

And finally does your own handedness in real life have any effect on how well you bat/pitch in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Purely out of random curiosity, what are you more comfortable with?

Im right handed but i prefer lefty pitchers but theres so few of them that are dominant which sucks
Old 07-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Rookie

BoomerHB52's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm right handed... But I feel more comfortable using a Righty hitter vs a righty pitcher i dont know why.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 24

I'm a switch hitter in real life but I'm a much better hitter left-handed.

I'm also a lot better with left-handed batters in The Show.

I've never even thought about this until now. I wonder if there is some sort of correlation or if that's just a coincidence?
Old 08-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #5
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Hit for more power with lefties and contact with righties and always seems like i get lit up whenever i throw lefties but with righties i throw gems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #6
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

Depends entirely upon the players. I demolish the ball with Vernon Wells, but can't hit an extra base hit with Carlos Gonzalez to save my life. But I crush it with Domonic Brown. I can light up Tim Hudson, but can't touch Lincecum.

Same with pitchers. I am consistently better with Iwakuma than I am with Felix Hernandez. I am untouchable with C.J. Wilson, but can't keep them off the board with Gio Gonzalez.

I am right handed both ways in real life and always hit right handers better. That has no bearing on my video game skill in the least.

Man I miss playing baseball...

- Rick Wise
Old 08-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

In this game, I struggle with left on left. I'm playing the Blue Jays and I've started taking Lind and Rasmus out of the lineup entirely against left handed pitchers as they are both low .200s, about 100 points below their average against right handed pitchers. And a lot of strike outs and/or terrible swings/contact. And I'm not sure why.

Right handed batters vs right handed pitchers... there's a much smaller disparity for me. Not sure why, perhaps because that's a lot more common matchup and I'm more used to it.

Fortunately for me, there's several switch hitters on the Jays so these are the only 2 guys that I have a lot of trouble with depending on what side the pitcher throws from.

I don't remember if I had this issue in previous years of the Show, but I've really noticed it this year.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Batting left-handed. I'm a switch-hitter in real life and made my RTTS guy just like that. I feel more comfortable when he's batting lefty.

However, if it's lefty-on-lefty or righty-on-righty, I prefer batting right-handed.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »