Home

No new Legends in 14?

This is a discussion on No new Legends in 14? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Rookie

cyborgdholliday's Arena

OVR: 0
No new Legends in 14?

So evidently, according to the gamespot gameplayer interview, the only legends in NHL 14 are JR, Gretzky, and Lemieux. While other franchises find new and innovative ways of incorporating their sport's greatest players, the NHL series regresses into mediocrity, especially during the NHL 94's 20th anniversary? Pathetic. Being able to play with Yzerman, Howe, Chelios, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, and Datsyuk was a lot of fun, they should have only kept adding more, and more legends, especially after '13's mediocre core of legends. Especially considering how easy it should be to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: No new Legends in 14?

I could care less about legends in any sports game. Never use them. I just want a current franchise with today's players, just my 2 cents. To each their own I guess

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Pro

Dougie_G_93's Arena

never used them either....

and ea clearly doesn't know what a legend is anyway......
Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
Rookie

cyborgdholliday's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I could care less about legends in any sports game. Never use them. I just want a current franchise with today's players, just my 2 cents. To each their own I guess
We get that literally every year. We never got a sports game with Bobby Orr, Bryan Trottier, Bobby Hull, Dennis Potvin, Stan Mikita or a modern game with prime Sakic, Messier, Lafontaine, Francis. I would love to make a franchise mode with our sport's best teams The '55 Wings vs. the '80 Islanders, the '97 Wings vs. the '76 Habs, the '67 Leafs vs. the '74 Flyers. It shouldn't be that ambitious of mode.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

I'd rather them focus on other things than legends and the NHL 94 anniversary mode. Like gameplay improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

NBA 2K does an awesome job of incorporating the great NBA players and teams of various eras. I love playing games with the teams I grew up watching through the 80s, 90s and even early 2000s. It boggles my mind that NHL 12 had a decent collection of Legends, one that you would have expected them to grow, only to have the number dwindle the following year and (apparently) continue to regress to almost nothing this year. For a franchise that once touted, "We won't put anything in the game unless we can go all in and do it right", why even bother including such an arbitrary and disappointing shadow of a feature?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaFaction
NBA 2K does an awesome job of incorporating the great NBA players and teams of various eras. I love playing games with the teams I grew up watching through the 80s, 90s and even early 2000s. It boggles my mind that NHL 12 had a decent collection of Legends, one that you would have expected them to grow, only to have the number dwindle the following year and (apparently) continue to regress to almost nothing this year. For a franchise that once touted, "We won't put anything in the game unless we can go all in and do it right", why even bother including such an arbitrary and disappointing shadow of a feature?
The nice thing is though that NBA 2K series had great gameplay and everything else and has an actual REASON to add legends. NHL still has so many flaws in AI, gameplay, goalies, and a host of other things that need to get fixed before they introduce other dumb gimmicky things.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmackity
The nice thing is though that NBA 2K series had great gameplay and everything else and has an actual REASON to add legends. NHL still has so many flaws in AI, gameplay, goalies, and a host of other things that need to get fixed before they introduce other dumb gimmicky things.
I don't necessarily agree it's a dumb, gimmicky thing, nor does it really take a whole lot of additional development time. It just involves the effort of licensing players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »