Home

How to stay interested in Association

This is a discussion on How to stay interested in Association within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1
How to stay interested in Association

I love association. Its been without a doubt my favorite mode since 2K11. BUT, the problem lies with keeping interest. This is pretty much my schedule when it comes to Association.
  • 10:00 A.M- Make association
  • 10:30 A.M- Assemble roster I love
  • 11:00 A.M-Play approximately 5 games
  • 11:30 A.M- Sim to the playoffs
  • 12:00 P.M- Win the championship
  • 12:30 P.M-NBA Draft
  • 1:00 P.M-Free Agency
  • 1:30 P.M- Repeat previous steps
  • 2:00 P.M- Make new association

This happens constantly. Everytime I play, I say that I'm gonna stick to this one, but it doesn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to stay interested in Association

Your not keeping interest simply because the mode isn't deep enough. It's fun to trade players, etc for a bit but it gets old. We need a much deeper scouting system, make it fun to scout guys and find gems in the 2nd round. Make the player progession system a bit more random and not so predicatable. It also gets real old when your only in the 5th year of assocation and the free agent class is already stacked.

Adding more wrinkles like ability to sign players from leagues overseas, let your draft pick play in europle, d league team, storylines etc. I'm expecting a big jump up in the franchise mode of 2k for next gen. There will be plenty of power/memory for them so no excuses.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I got a main Association that keeps me interested. Mainly because I drafted a star sf who's 6'11'' 240 lb. Strong like Bron, defensive stopper, great attacking with a decent mid and 3 game. Stop always getting the stars in free agency and build up without trading for the #1 pick. Search on forum about how to stay interested is Associations. I put some stuff on another thread.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I have the same problem when it comes to 2ks association i cant remember the last 2k game where i played more then 5 seasons in the mode without wanting to start over or quit altogether, its just so basic the only fun part is the playoffs and theres pretty much nothing to do outside of roster moves. Hopefully they show the associtation more attention and next gens 2k.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
Rookie

If you could edit Legends into the draft classes it could add a few years of interest. Seems like a minor wrinkle to add.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Your not keeping interest simply because the mode isn't deep enough. It's fun to trade players, etc for a bit but it gets old. We need a much deeper scouting system, make it fun to scout guys and find gems in the 2nd round. Make the player progession system a bit more random and not so predicatable. It also gets real old when your only in the 5th year of assocation and the free agent class is already stacked.

Adding more wrinkles like ability to sign players from leagues overseas, let your draft pick play in europle, d league team, storylines etc. I'm expecting a big jump up in the franchise mode of 2k for next gen. There will be plenty of power/memory for them so no excuses.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-classes.html
These take care of scouting
Old 07-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Keeping commentary fresh or at least have some nuggets only availble for that year and relocation of teams is usually the only way to keep it fresh IMHO after 5 years
Old 07-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
Rookie

there are some good points in here, the lack of depth is definitely the overall issue, you guys should check out my association suggestion post, Timmays response would fit perfectly in there, and aside from what he said it simply feels soulless, im not exactly sure how but making it seem more like there are really things going on aside from what you the player are doing would help alot in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »