Home

M25: Mobile vs. Pocket Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on M25: Mobile vs. Pocket Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
Rookie

adamshpe's Arena

OVR: 0
M25: Mobile vs. Pocket Quarterbacks

I have been playing Madden ever since Madden 64 on the N64. I have always picked a team for my franchise who had a quality pocket passing quarterback. With the new wave/generation of quarterbacks in the league now, I am unsure if I want to stay with pocket passing quarterbacks or go with the dual-threat mobile quarterback and run the fun spread option offense. I was wondering what everyone's plans in regards to who your quarterback will be and why with Madden 25 release less than a month away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: M25: Mobile vs. Pocket Quarterbacks

Nope still going with a pocket passer, dont want my QB taking hits all year. I will be taking the Dolphins in my online CC and will try and trade Tannehill for either Mathew Stafford, Jay Cutler, or any other QB with a high throw power.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

I always prefer mobile QBs because I scramble and (unnecessarily) move out the pocket a lot. And it's just more fun than playing with a statue.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #4
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Love playing with Romo cause he does a bit of both.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I've used a bit of both and IMO the injuries are a little too frequent for me to be comfortable with a running passer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
Rookie

weaponz248's Arena

OVR: 13

I like the Aaron Rodgers type. Pocket passer but has good enough speed to run when needed. But I look for pocket passers when drafting. So traditional pocket passer for me.
Soccer: Manchester United/Real Madrid/AS Roma/Lyon/Bayern Munich/Chicago Fire
Old 08-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

I usually like you enjoy a pocket passer. But in my CFM I started with the Bills because I wanted to move them to Brooklyn.

But anyway back to this thread. I have been playing with E.J Manuel and its been awesome. He can run but I barely ever run except on bootlegs or an occasional zone read, but he is a solid pocket passer and I think that's most important.

I wouldn't go with someone who is just a scrambler but one who is a pocket passer who can run a bit. Like RG III, or Kaepernick, or Manuel, or even Cam Newton and work on his accuracy with experience from games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
Rookie

I always ran with pocket passers but as a Skins fan, what choice did I have as I stuck with the real rosters other than drafting later on as well as free agency. With RGIII now though, I have the best of both worlds. He can pocket pass or leave you in the dust. I don't think its a stretch to say he becomes the best QB on the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »