Home

A way to figure out base running aggressiveness.

This is a discussion on A way to figure out base running aggressiveness. within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 07-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A way to figure out base running aggressiveness.

I have SOMEWHAT of a formula for figuring out base running aggressiveness. Aggressiveness is obviously a hard stat to measure, but if you divide the number of stolen base opportunities (A stat that is explained at baseball-reference), and divide it by the number of stolen base attempts, it basically gives you the number of opportunities between attempts for that player. Hence, a great indicator of aggressiveness. This is a great way to list all players from most aggressive to least aggressive, but I haven't figured out a mathematical formula to give it a number just yet. Is there a way I could generate a list of all current players that would include the numbers I've mentioned above, so that they could be entered into a spreadsheet? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: A way to figure out base running aggressiveness.

Take it into this thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...alculator.html
They are working on every rating here and are creating spreadsheet calculators for everyone. Your idea sounds great and should be brought to their attention.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: A way to figure out base running aggressiveness.

1. Open up a baseball reference/fangraphs page including both of the relevant stats.

2. Look for an export option (fangraphs) or ctrl+copy (baseball-reference) the entire spreadsheet

3. Paste into Excel. It organizes it automatically, though without any formatting, titles, or borders.

4. Immediately match up all the columns with their baseballreference/fangraph equivalents so that you can label them all, to avoid any confusion later.

5. Delete unnecessary columns.

6. Create a new column with the formula you described, and use the fill handle to drag it down.

This... is what you meant right? I do it all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »