Home

Ugh, Army

This is a discussion on Ugh, Army within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Rookie

kolson82's Arena

OVR: 0
Ugh, Army

So it appears that Army is this year's version of the Ohio Bobcats from a few years ago (oh, the days when Ohio won like 4 National Titles in a row). I thought my offline dynasties were going perfectly (I mentioned this in another thread), but in my eighth year of my offline dynasty, Army was undefeated and ranked #4 in like week 9...they ended up losing to Air Force, and so I thought the problem really was fixed...I mean there's no way they get in the National Championship with one loss. I get to the end of the year, and sure enough Army is in the National Championship WITH TWO LOSSES~!

Seriously. I thought this was fixed, but I guess if you end going through enough years in dynasty the annoying tendency of this game to give us ridiculous BCS games and end-of-the-year top 10 continues.

A 10-2 Army (with no conference championship game, obviously) got in over an 11-2 Auburn team who beat the previous #2 team in the country Tennessee in the SEC championship game.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Hopefully this is a one year thing. I'm tempted just to sim through all of next year to see what the top 10 looks like at the end of the year. This is the first year where there has been a ridiculous team in the top 10 to end the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
MVP

Shibito's Arena

Re: Ugh, Army

So you're saying that Army can never be good, and a team that doesn't play in a conference championship game should not go over one that does?

Has Army been having sustained success? If so, they probably started ranked higher then Auburn. Ask Alabama how losing a game or 2 keeps you out of the National Championship.

You're giving us very little info on how Army could have got in over Auburn, and you're just saying Army shouldn't be there. What if they actually should be? Just because you don't want them there doesn't mean they shouldn't go.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibito
So you're saying that Army can never be good, and a team that doesn't play in a conference championship game should not go over one that does?

Has Army been having sustained success? If so, they probably started ranked higher then Auburn. Ask Alabama how losing a game or 2 keeps you out of the National Championship.

You're giving us very little info on how Army could have got in over Auburn, and you're just saying Army shouldn't be there. What if they actually should be? Just because you don't want them there doesn't mean they shouldn't go.
No. Army shouldn't be that good nor should they be in the NC. You should have to win a conference to be in the championship.

Also, Navy is tearing it up in my OD. they're #4 and just beat ND so may be moving up even more...

Last edited by GruffyMcGuiness; 07-24-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Rookie

hock0413's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
No. Army shouldn't be that good nor should they be in the NC. You should have to win a conference to be in the championship.

Notre dame last year?
Old 07-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hock0413
Notre dame last year?
How did that turn out for them? At least in the B1G OSU would have spanked them or they wouldn't have made it to the championship at all. Same with Clemson/FSU in the ACC

I don't mind smaller schools becoming good, but the academy schools doing it bugs me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hock0413
Notre dame last year?

Not sure what game you watched, but ND was NEVER "in it" when they played 'Bama.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

There's strong, then there's Army Strong
Old 07-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #8
MVP

Shibito's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
How did that turn out for them? At least in the B1G OSU would have spanked them or they wouldn't have made it to the championship at all. Same with Clemson/FSU in the ACC

I don't mind smaller schools becoming good, but the academy schools doing it bugs me.
Most people said Oklahoma was going to spank Notre Dame last year as well. We can play should of, could of all day with any team.

Back on topic though, A 10-2 Army team could certainly be in the National Championship discussion depending on who they played and how other teams finished their seasons. If you don't want the service academies being capable of becoming that good, you can replace them with TB teams or nerf them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »