Home

Most effective 4th pitch?

This is a discussion on Most effective 4th pitch? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Most effective 4th pitch?

I have nasty closer for the Marlins and I am a month into my AA career and would like to add a 4th pitch. I currently have Running fastball, Circle change and Cutter, all 3 pitches VERY effective for RH & LH hitters. From your experience whats another pitch I can add to make my closer more dominant? No Knuckleballs please. Is not really realistic when my guy throws 98 MPH.

Thanks in advance fellas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
Rookie

krmarks's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Most effective 4th pitch?

Probably a slider, or if you want to be different, a 12-6 curve or splitfinger might be fun. Test them out with a player in exhibition and see what you like more.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krmarks
Probably a slider, or if you want to be different, a 12-6 curve or splitfinger might be fun. Test them out with a player in exhibition and see what you like more.
Yeah I'm thinking the slider might be more devastating. Thanks bud.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

I added a splitter to my SP and it is devastating. I get guys to chase it and get called 3rd strikes with it as well. I also get alot of DP grounders with it. As long as your guy don't hang it too much its a great pitch.

I use classic pitching BTW, so not sure how effective it would be with other pitching methods
Old 07-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirrtySouth78
I added a splitter to my SP and it is devastating. I get guys to chase it and get called 3rd strikes with it as well. I also get alot of DP grounders with it. As long as your guy don't hang it too much its a great pitch.

I use classic pitching BTW, so not sure how effective it would be with other pitching methods
I've been debating to add a Splitter as well, but not sure if its similar to the Circle-Change I already have as well since they both drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Byrne's Arena

Are you a right handed or left handed pitcher? That would impact my decision, though I think I would suggest a slider either way.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesan915
I have nasty closer for the Marlins and I am a month into my AA career and would like to add a 4th pitch. I currently have Running fastball, Circle change and Cutter, all 3 pitches VERY effective for RH & LH hitters. From your experience whats another pitch I can add to make my closer more dominant? No Knuckleballs please. Is not really realistic when my guy throws 98 MPH.

Thanks in advance fellas.
I would consider a 12-6 curve or something else that breaks straight down for when a double play is needed. It sounds as if you have two strikeout pitches and you try to get grounders with the circle change.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

I'd go with something that moves more sideways rather than down. You already have a change up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »