Home

Defensive response broken

This is a discussion on Defensive response broken within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Defensive response broken

Not sure if its me but I am having a really hard time getting user defensive players to react I time to make a play on the ball. In all my past football games I have lined up as MLB or a safety and have become really good at breaking up / intercepting passes. I can't seem to get a good break on the ball. Passes are completed with me right there holding either Y or LB to break them up yet my player doesn't respond to the command at all and the ball floats right past my guy. Is anyone else having this problem? I really don't want to play DE all game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Defensive response broken

Defensive AI is extremely weak in this years game.. smh
Old 07-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had trouble at first, having the same problem you have. I always play with the middle linebacker. Took time and got used to being able to cover. The problem is when i try to quick change to a corner and I press Y and the guy doesn't go up for the ball and the pass is completed. It happens a few times a game. Even more frustrating, is how the defense seems to let the tight end get wide open for no reason. Doesn't even try to cover him at times.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #4
Rookie

carthagebaseball's Arena

OVR: 2

I have found doubling the inside slot receivers and TE's with the FS and SS help a lot. It does leave the outside WR's on an island 99% of the time, but it does keep the inside guys from getting free about 50% of the time.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #5
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeithappen
I had trouble at first, having the same problem you have. I always play with the middle linebacker. Took time and got used to being able to cover. The problem is when i try to quick change to a corner and I press Y and the guy doesn't go up for the ball and the pass is completed. It happens a few times a game. Even more frustrating, is how the defense seems to let the tight end get wide open for no reason. Doesn't even try to cover him at times.
Yeah I have this issue as we'll, they don't cover the TE properly. Check the ratings to see if they are good covers and they need to adjust who covers who, sometimes a man is wide open because the safety or LB is covering from the other side of the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

How many more threads do we need about the defense being broken. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that EA is already aware if the issue.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
How many more threads do we need about the defense being broken. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that EA is already aware if the issue.
I wouldn't say defense is broken just ummm unbalanced and I feel thread like this go unnoticed and need to be checked into. I'm sure EA still doesn't know about deflections being counted as tackles. That's a bad issue that needs to be fixed A$AP like rocky lol.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've only play the demo of NCAA Football 14. From what I can gather, the defense is 50/50. Sometimes, they're tough to run/pass against (VT vs Alabama on All-American mode). Other times, they'll forget the assignment & play dumb. I've found an video about defense 101 beginner tips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKLcSmnSQa8

Last edited by MysteriousPanther; 07-26-2013 at 01:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »