Home

Coach Carousel Issues - Multiple User ODs

This is a discussion on Coach Carousel Issues - Multiple User ODs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9
Coach Carousel Issues - Multiple User ODs

How many of you are aware of this problem & can confirm/deny its validity???

I came across this topic in another thread that was talking about Coach Carousel in general. Apparently, in multiple user online dynasties, only the commissioner gets new job offers in the coach carousel. This has me worried considering I'm very early in year 1 in two different ODs. Please only respond if you are involved with a multiple user online dynasty. I'd like to gather info for everybody on how widespread this problem is or if it's just something the others did wrong. I still have between 1-2 weeks until my dynasties will get to offseason, so I'm hoping to have this resolved by then. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE & POTENTIAL FIX - 7/23/13 @ 2:14 a.m. CT:

fletchccc's info:

Yea, unbelievably, that's what she said. She went on to say that there WAS a glitch but the glitch was that Commissioner coaches were getting offers in year one (1) when they shouldn't be. Which CANNOT be right. I followed up with scenario where I take Buffalo to an undefeated season, end season in top in year 1 and I don't get an offer? That's stupid.

I hope she mis-spoke as I myself went on to EA website and got on a Help chat with the game pros at EA yesterday. I explained the problem and she said they were JUST made aware of it that day and they were working on it (Yesterday which was Tuesday the 23rd of July). So I assume it's a top priority that's getting fixed. She confirmed this.

Note, she didn't say what the EA person in this thread said. She made it sound like all should be getting offers (albeit some totally sh1tty).

Last edited by football200414; 07-24-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Coach Carousel Issues - Multiple User ODs

I've been waiting to hear more about this as rosters come out and our on-site OD's start to reach their first off-season.

It sounds like more than one person has reported this problem on here and, for those dynasties where you are building up your coach and hoping to land a "dream job," this issue is huge. If, that is, the issue is legit, which I can't personally confirm or deny.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

I am in two online dynasties. I'm the commish in one and not the other. I got offers as commish and no one else got anything. I declined and then all jobs were filled without putting another user on the clock. In the one I'm not the commish the same thing happened with the commish getting an offer declining and all jobs being filled without another user being on the clock.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Same thing happened in my league.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is not good. I'm in a two man OD with a good friend. I wonder if we trade the commisioner status if we will each get offers? Can you start the carousel and then back out to trade it?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Same thing is happening in our online dynasty. What we ended up doing to get around the issue is temporarily transferring the commissioner to a user that was wanting to change schools. However, everyone in our dynasty are local friends and family, so there is no concerns transferring it to some random unknown person. Not the most convenient work around, but a work around nonetheless.

What concerns me is we may not get any patches to resolve any of these issues. This reminds me of the MW2 situation. Infinity Ward was involved in lawsuit shortly after the release of MW2 and completely abandoned the game. Their game was great at the core, but has a couple game breaking glitches and bugs that went untouched.

This is a fantastic football game, but we need a patch to fix the random drops in frame rate, tighten up the defensive coverage some, fix the touchback to touchdown glitch, and fix the dynasty issues.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
Developer

Smerka's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadxpipe
Same thing is happening in our online dynasty. What we ended up doing to get around the issue is temporarily transferring the commissioner to a user that was wanting to change schools. However, everyone in our dynasty are local friends and family, so there is no concerns transferring it to some random unknown person. Not the most convenient work around, but a work around nonetheless.

What concerns me is we may not get any patches to resolve any of these issues. This reminds me of the MW2 situation. Infinity Ward was involved in lawsuit shortly after the release of MW2 and completely abandoned the game. Their game was great at the core, but has a couple game breaking glitches and bugs that went untouched.

This is a fantastic football game, but we need a patch to fix the random drops in frame rate, tighten up the defensive coverage some, fix the touchback to touchdown glitch, and fix the dynasty issues.
Question, Is everyone playing as a created coach, in year one of their contract? This would include the commish too.

If so, then no one will get an offer, after year one. This should include the commish also.

If you are playing as an existing HC, then you will get a chance at getting offered another job.

Any feedback is welcomed, as we are looking at this now.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadxpipe

The touchback to touchdown glitch??? Don't explain it to me on this thread cuz I don't want the MODs to lock this thread for being off-topic (they've been on a spree lately), but please PM me about that. I haven't seen it & want to be on the lookout for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »