Home

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99)

This is a discussion on Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99)

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational will arrive on Tuesday, July 23rd for PS3 users on PSN. It will feature tournaments (with more added through regular updates), more equipment and unique characters.

Quote:
The PS3 version offers everybody’s favorite local multiplayer that supports up to four players, as well as new features such as Real Feel Shot where you can swing your way through courses with your PlayStation Move motion controller.

What’s more, for those of you that own the PS Vita version, all of your downloadable content is cross-buy and will be unlocked in the PS3 version! The Vita patch version 1.06 will bring you up to speed with the PS3, enabling you to play with those on the PS3 version in the online tournaments.

What we think is one of the most exciting features is both PS Vita and PS3 can compete against each other online. And with such a vast array of online tournaments available, you’ll never be short of brand new online rivalries! Take advantage of the Level 4 and Level 5 clubs and balls to get the edge over your buddies!

Source - Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Coming to PS3 (PlayStation.Blog)

Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: hot shots golf 6 ps3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hort22
I saw that Firday and was really surprised by it. I thought Clap Hanz had given up on the PS3 version. I'm even more surprised to see that it's being released at a bargain basement price of $19.99, but I guess it makes sense this late in the life of the PS3 and it's really just an upgraded Hot Shots Golf OOB. I think they've expanded the tournament options a bit with this one.

I"m not a big fan of anime, arcade style golf games, but this series is so well produced and the physics are surprisingly good. I'll probably pick it up just to experience the presentation production, online multiplayer, and ball physics, while holding my nose for the anime goofiness. This one will have a Move option, which may be worth checking out now that I've got my SimStix in which to mount it.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 07-22-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19
HOt Shots golf has always been my golf game of choice. I will be downloading this sometime this week..
Old 07-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2
I like the game play of this series much better than TW but like most could do without the cheesy anime stuff. I actually think this series is more "sim" than TW and tends to be much more competitive online. For $20 I'll buy this version.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
remember the fun of upgrading clubs and balls to higher levels? well, the level 4 and 5 clubs and balls can only be obtained by paying for them as dlc... what's next putting a timer on the game and when your time is up having to pay more to play the game you already bought???

do
not
want
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Re: Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Arrives Tuesday For PS3 on PSN ($19.99)

I downloaded it yesterday and played for a couple of hours. I actually like the "Advanced" swing interface from Hot Shots OOB better than the three that are offered in this game, but the "Circle" interface is close enough. It mostly feels like HSG OOB with new characters and courses though. I really didn't feel like I was playing a new game, although what's there is fun... and certainly $20 worth of fun.

EDIT: I've unlocked the "Advanced" swing interface which is pretty close to what OOB had. The only difference is that it still has a swing arc, it only has one graduation at 50%. OOB's Advanced swing interface didn't put the graduationless arc on the screen.

I'm just an average player and will never compete for any titles. I played in the first "Daily" today and even though I shot a 27 (-9), with my Novice player and stock equipment, I was still in 81st place out of 168 players!?

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 07-24-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I downloaded it yesterday and played for a couple of hours. I actually like the "Advanced" swing interface from Hot Shots OOB better than the three that are offered in this game, but the "Circle" interface is close enough. It mostly feels like HSG OOB with new characters and courses though. I really didn't feel like I was playing a new game, although what's there is fun... and certainly $20 worth of fun.

I'm just an average player and will never compete for any titles. I played in the first "Daily" today and even though I shot a 27 (-9), with my Novice player and stock equipment, I was still in 81st place out of 168 players!?
Do you use only the buttons to swing or can the analog stick be used as well.? Thanks.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Do you use only the buttons to swing or can the analog stick be used as well.? Thanks.
It does not use the analog sticks for a swing interface option. I'm a bit surprised that they don't. This one does support the Move, which I've yet to try. I'll give it a go at some point, but honestly, I'm not expecting much from it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »