Home

Do they plan on changing 3 min to 5/6 min quarters?

This is a discussion on Do they plan on changing 3 min to 5/6 min quarters? within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Do they plan on changing 3 min to 5/6 min quarters?

3 minutes is a joke...you have no time to make good drives unless you like having 2-3 possessions a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Do they plan on changing 3 min to 5/6 min quarters?

I disagree entirely. I've had plenty of games where I've gone on nice drives, had multiple possessions, and scored a lot of points. 3 minutes is great to play multiple games. I would hate for an ultimate team game to take me an hour. I see nothing wrong with playing 3 minute quarters and hope they don't change it.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Rookie

BobjumpA's Arena

OVR: 1

3 is perfect, I hung 56 on a guy.
NBA- OKC Thunder
Old 07-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #4
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

I just played a game and won 14-0. I had 2 possessions and he had 2. I wasn't trying to run the clock. I was just running the ball and taking my time.

3 minutes is not enough time unless you run a run n shoot offense and pass it every down. I could easily put 56 on a guy too but that doesn't make it is right. 90 pct of the people that play this game have no idea what they're doing.

I mean...4 minutes I could tolerate...but 3 wth?
Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Rookie

loveburger's Arena

OVR: 8

if my opponent makes a single mistake (interception thrown or a fumble) I've pretty much won... not being cocky, just know that I can control the clock and will score every drive. 4 minute quarters would make it a little better, but with the quicker game, you can play more at a time. As someone said earlier, no one wants to sit there for an hour.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveburger
if my opponent makes a single mistake (interception thrown or a fumble) I've pretty much won... not being cocky, just know that I can control the clock and will score every drive. 4 minute quarters would make it a little better, but with the quicker game, you can play more at a time. As someone said earlier, no one wants to sit there for an hour.
5 min quarters doesn't take no hour. I'd be content with 4 minutes. A game between 2 good players that run the ball and the winner will most likely be the one who wins the coin toss.

It'd be like playing a 3 inning game online for the show. I am winning easily, but I feel like I can't utilize my entire playbook in a game. I feel like I just have to stick with 1-2 formations and go off that.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #7
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

I feel like EA should have stuck with five minute quarters. As mentioned above, any long drive with a balanced offense takes up most of a half, which is ridiculous. I get the people wanting shorter quarters to play more games, but three minutes isn't enough. I'd like to have time to adjust to my opponent, especially with some of the crazy strategies that some people use online.

Last edited by malowry; 07-20-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #8
Rookie

BobjumpA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveburger
Or wait for them to go for it on 4 th and 20 from their own 2 yard line
NBA- OKC Thunder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »