Home

Help Please

This is a discussion on Help Please within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Help Please

I cannot for the life of me see where the pitch is going.. Therefore I swing at just about everything and strike out a ton.. I even moved the pitch slider all the way down.. Any tips to help me, please??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Really in order to see the pitches and know what to swing at and what not to swing at you have to...

1) know the movement of each pitch that the pitcher has in his repertoire. Take a pitch or two to see the drop or the movement or the speed of it and it'll help your timing out tremendously

2) know and understand the count. It's unlikely a pitcher throws a first pitch change-up, unlikely a pitcher throws an off speed pitch on an 3-0 count, and unlikely you'll see a fastball on a 0-2 count (now the pitchers that like to attack the zone...well...that's a different story.

3) practice makes perfect. Play some regular games vs the cpu and see as many pitches until you're comfortable knowing what's coming next and such.

Hope this helps out. If I'm wrong on anything then people of OS feel free to correct me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Help Please

hit the batting cages, oldie but goodie

Old 07-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

Best advice I can give, this seems pretty cliche, but keep your eye on the ball. Don't just look at the zone and wait for the baseball to cross your field of vision. Follow the ball from the minute it leaves the pitchers hand, all the way in.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Jgrillo5's Arena

OVR: 0

Beginner Mode is there exactly for this problem. Give it a try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Make the pitcher come to you. I typically take pitches early in the count unless they're meatballs over the plate. There is a physical strike zone, then there is your strike zone. I expand it on two strikes, but I won't offer at anything on the corners before two strikes. If you swing at everything in the strike zone, you'll be swinging at pitcher's pitches, making weak out, and building the CPU's confidence.

The more pitches you make him throw, the deeper in counts he goes, the lower in general his confidence is.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by delanceyj
I cannot for the life of me see where the pitch is going.. Therefore I swing at just about everything and strike out a ton.. I even moved the pitch slider all the way down.. Any tips to help me, please??
Watch the pitch from the release all the way to the plate. If you pick up a pitch after the release, it will take you longer to judge the speed of the pitch and where the pitch should end up.

"Play" an exhibition game. Don't swing while at bat (and sim the half inning you are on defense by selecting the Fast Forward option). Watch the pitch all the way in. You'll begin to see the difference in the pitches and you'll begin to better judge what will be a strike and what won't. Try to call "ball" or "strike" before the pitch reaches the catcher. You should make the correct call 75% of the time before the end of the 5th inning.

Enter the Batting Practice mode (Mini games?) and hit against the same pitcher you just "played". You have just watched this pitcher's delivery and repertoire, so you should have a high degree of confidence and familiarity with his stuff.

When you feel confident against him, play the game in step one. At this point you should "know" him and should perform fairly well.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
"Play" an exhibition game. Don't swing while at bat (and sim the half inning you are on defense by selecting the Fast Forward option). Watch the pitch all the way in. You'll begin to see the difference in the pitches and you'll begin to better judge what will be a strike and what won't. Try to call "ball" or "strike" before the pitch reaches the catcher. You should make the correct call 75% of the time before the end of the 5th inning.
I do this all the time, and I HIGHLY recommend it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »