Home

Young player regressing?

This is a discussion on Young player regressing? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Young player regressing?

Changed a 23 year old drafted high C potential player into casey sadler, pirates pitchi prospect, who's like 25 in my current year 2015 and he is rampantly regressing, like -4s across the board. 75 to 70 in a month.

Why? Don't wanna have to make him again is he gonna keep regressing like 38 year olds do on the game? Any similar experiences?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
Rookie

giantsandmetsfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Young player regressing?

my franchise using the osfm opening day rosters mike trout regressed from a 99 to an 80 from 2013 to 2019 that is just crazy and now i got matt harvey slowly regressing but i think that is because i had harvey hit his peak
Old 07-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogbeefcake
Changed a 23 year old drafted high C potential player into casey sadler, pirates pitchi prospect, who's like 25 in my current year 2015 and he is rampantly regressing, like -4s across the board. 75 to 70 in a month.

Why? Don't wanna have to make him again is he gonna keep regressing like 38 year olds do on the game? Any similar experiences?
I think the new Progression System this year included the ability for there to be draft busts that regress early in their career, since they won't live up to their potential. Might have to do with performance as well, but I'm guessing the new system is the main factor.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not every player ever drafted develops into a major league player. Some first rounders are complete busts.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #5
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

You have to consider players like this when you are drafting. Their overall might be 99 but if their potential is a C, they are going to rapidly regress to a C. So, pay attention to that when drafting.
This really does happen, though. Think of a player like Ben Grieve.

On the other end of the spectrum, if their current skills are too low and ETA is like 2022, they may not ever reach their full potential either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #6
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsandmetsfan
my franchise using the osfm opening day rosters mike trout regressed from a 99 to an 80 from 2013 to 2019 that is just crazy and now i got matt harvey slowly regressing but i think that is because i had harvey hit his peak
And for the record, my Mike Trout is still a 99 in 2020, whereas Matt Harvey has basically fallen completely off the map.

Some people complain about it, but I love what they have done with it.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyme3
And for the record, my Mike Trout is still a 99 in 2020, whereas Matt Harvey has basically fallen completely off the map.

Some people complain about it, but I love what they have done with it.
opposite 4 me

Harvey is still putting up cy young numbers while trout is out the league with a 67 overall at 29-30. Guess he peaked to early

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »