Home

Florida Gators Roster discussion

This is a discussion on Florida Gators Roster discussion within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

prototype12's Arena

OVR: 3
Florida Gators Roster discussion

Slow day at work so..

This is discussion of what people did with their roster of Florida. 360 or ps3 that way once the community roster for 360 (what I'm using) we can suggest the correct changes because their are a few issues I've seen myself

First of all Debose an 87 lolz...he's lucky if he was a 77..

Players not needed:

QB Max Staver - he won't beat out Skylar and besides Grier is on deck for next year and he will win the job. I'm gonna make him in my dynasty so really staver is taking up a space for another recruit

CB - Jeremy Brown - once a promising guy he's buried on the depth chart now and as a RS Sr might as well use him for someone else

Possible players who could be made:

Fr DE Antonio Riles - I like his potential. Think he was highly underrated as a 3 star

Fr WR Marqui Hawkins - pretty sure he's not on there. Definitely could play and soon

OL Trip Thurman- don't think he is either. Will definitely be a backup this year over Octavuis Jackson who I saw was on there.

Any others?

Changes to current roster:

DE Easley to DT

S Poole to CB

CB Watkins to FS

DT Bryan Cox Jr to DE

SS Marcus Maye to FS

Defensive starters?
Offense is pretty set already. Defense isn't what do you think?

Safeties- I think Watkins starts next to Marcell Harris

Corners- obviously Purifoy and Roberson with Poole and Hargreaves in the slot or Riggs

Linebackers- Ball and Morrison and who else? Move Ronald Powell to OLB?

What do you think?
Philadelphia 76ers
West Virginia Mountaineers
Florida Gators '96 '06 '08
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
Rookie

TheUFGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
What I also did was bump up Puroifys catch and spec catch and he's a pretty descent WR, which we know he's gonna play a little anyways. Actually I keep Ropo at DE and Dom at DT. Good call on the Trip Thurman thing I'll probably do that, and probably change Staver to Brad Phillips cause I don't think we will see Hardin till next year.
Side note if I run a spread offense Debose is a monster on those triple options cause of his speed and acc.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Florida Gators Roster discussion

Just wanted to say that I think that this is a great idea to save people from sifting through pages upon pages of 'corrections' when looking for something/team specific.

Well done!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
Rookie

prototype12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFGuy
What I also did was bump up Puroifys catch and spec catch and he's a pretty descent WR, which we know he's gonna play a little anyways. Actually I keep Ropo at DE and Dom at DT. Good call on the Trip Thurman thing I'll probably do that, and probably change Staver to Brad Phillips cause I don't think we will see Hardin till next year.
Side note if I run a spread offense Debose is a monster on those triple options cause of his speed and acc.
Good point on the kicker..heard Hardin wasn't looking that great. You also can't rule out Johnny Townsend the incoming freshman who I read was a great get. Huge leg. I'll probably wait till I see who it is to change that one.

Hopefully Purifoy won't have to play WR if Dunbar and Robinson play well but I do expect to see Purifoys speed and athleticism at WR simply because Debose in real life can't do a damn thing except run fast lol
Philadelphia 76ers
Old 07-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Pretty similar to what I did. My safeties are Watkins and Gorman and Hargreaves is my nickel back. What did u do with Powell? I have him at olb but am tempted to move him to DE. The two sophomores are my DE right now. Bullard and fowler.

What did u do with burton? He is buried.... I just formation subbed him a bunch and put him in spots I thought he would be used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #6
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky23
Pretty similar to what I did. My safeties are Watkins and Gorman and Hargreaves is my nickel back. What did u do with Powell? I have him at olb but am tempted to move him to DE. The two sophomores are my DE right now. Bullard and fowler.

What did u do with burton? He is buried.... I just formation subbed him a bunch and put him in spots I thought he would be used.
That's all I basically did and I have Burton making some great plays for me and of course he's my wildcat QB. On D I mostly play with 3 dlinemen so I have Fowler, Easley, Bullard and RoPo at OLB.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
Rookie

prototype12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky23

Yeah I'm going the same route. I have just heard many "insiders" day Marcell is too good to not start so I'm gonna start him but we will see how it goes.

My thinking for RoPo is to leave him at DE and just formation sub him alot. Some 4-3 sets and 4-2-5 sets then on 3-4 have him as one of the OLB and Michael Taylor or Anzalone as the other MLB. This way fowler and Powell are on the field at the same time.

Burton is the wildcard. I always formation sub him everywhere.
Philadelphia 76ers
Old 07-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
Rookie

TheUFGuy's Arena

I ended up subbing Burton as my starting TE, then formation subbing as FB and WR. I never run wildcat cause it gets blown up no matter what I do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »