Home

This is R.A Dickeylous

This is a discussion on This is R.A Dickeylous within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-18-2013, 05:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
This is R.A Dickeylous

I'm an Orioles fan, but live in Canada, so I decided to try out a franchise with my "hometown" blue jays. So I start off the season, and in roughly august I decide to check out my rotation and see how everyone's doing, I look and see R.A Dickey is at an 82 overall. What's with the serious decline with the guy? I had a guy in the 2032 season who was 40 and I drafted him in the first year of my marlins franchise and he still had 89 overall at the end of the season, Dickey is the only guy I see drop more than 5 points due to age, he dropped 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: This is R.A Dickeylous

Sounds about right to me.

Stat - 2012 / 2013

ERA - 2.73 / 4.69
ERA+ - 139 / 91
WHIP - 1.05 / 1.30
K/9 - 8.9 / 6.4
SO/BB - 4.26 / 1.96

While some drop-off can be expected given that last year was a statistical anomaly in a lot of ways, his performance this year is actually worse than any season since 2009, indicating both a return to earth and an age-related decline.

While 13 points in less than one season is steep, I would argue that similar declines happen occasionally in real life, and that he was too highly rated to begin with.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yeah, I'm using the Jays. The regression is crazy, and overdone IMHO. I think he started off the year around 90 overall. I'm in early July of my franchise, and he's at 85 now just 3 months into the season. There's a lot of discussion here about players in serious decline as they age.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
Banned

Rdogg1026's Arena

OVR: 8

Try doing one with the Yankees. Jeter, Mariano, Pettitte, Ichiro, A-Rod, and Kuroda all drop off after Spring Training 2013.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Where did he lose his attribute points? Overall rating doesn't mean anything unless you know where he digressed in ratings. It could end up being that it's in different attributes that don't really affect his pitching all that much. Attributes are way more important than the overall rating.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 24

Awesome thread title.

I don't really have anything to contribute other than that.

So just to throw something in here, have you double checked what his ratings are before starting franchise mode? So you can get a before-and-after thing going?
Old 07-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Where did he lose his attribute points? Overall rating doesn't mean anything unless you know where he digressed in ratings. It could end up being that it's in different attributes that don't really affect his pitching all that much. Attributes are way more important than the overall rating.
from what i have seen players drop off pretty evenly in most ratings, so also the important ones. of course if for example a guy with 90 power loses 15 points one year he still has decent power at 75, but halfway through the season hell be at 65 smth so things go too fast imo

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 07-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

If you edit the player, it temporarily stops their regression. Even if you just go into the edit player screen and not edit any ratings. Just go in and accept changes and the regression will stop for few days/weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »