Home

High powered teams.

This is a discussion on High powered teams. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
High powered teams.

I have noticed in this game that it is almost impossible to stop the high powered teams ( heat, thunder, knicks). Why is that and when will 2K make the mid-tier teams possible to win with online?

I was playing as the pacers today and I uitilized good ball movement, and picks to break my guys open and yet most of my wide open shots were bricks. Meanwhile people can just spin drive with lebron or melo and get easy buckets. Im sick of this game and really am at wits end with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Re: High powered teams.

100000000000000000000% agree. 2k devs coded the game to give certain teams advantage regardless of player ratings. Its the reason most casual or novice players run straight to the top teams online. 2k11 had the balanced correct where bball knowledge coupled with using the teams strengths got you the win but this new "accessible " approached has been a complete headache. Its very evident during gameplay like when below average shooters take a jumper and the ball bounces around the rim 3 times before it goes in if he is on a good team and momentum is high. Player skill not needed in 2k13. just run to paint with lebron, melo, kobe, or wade and take a layup around 3 defenders it will go in almost any time regardless of defensive pressure.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the reply; When I first started 2k I used to use the knicks and I got plenty of wins with them as well. But then I started to notice that everyone else was picking them as well I went and tried to play with the mid-tier teams. Shots that I took with knicks players you aren't half as good as Paul george or danny granger were going in while with the pacers everything was rimming out or hitting backboard irregardless of whether I was wide open or covered.

Also I agree I played this one guy in 2k today who used the heat and all he did was drive in the lane with lebron which resulted in either a spin drive dunk/layup or a dish out to a 3p shooter who made it all net. It was a damned if I do or damned if I don't type thing. I have never been this fustrated with a 2k game before and I for one am glad that live is coming back.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

They can be beat but your right, casual players using a high powered teams can beat even the most skilled players.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

or maybe... just maybe... you could play a little better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
Rookie

I play with the Pacers online a lot too. They fit my play style really well, but still, I find I often lose to people playing as the Heat too. The big thing is that those lousy players that just do spin layup and bully you with LeBron are also very susceptible to making a lot of mistakes. YOU HAVE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MISTAKES. that can be difficult when the game seems to be slanted against you. somehow even though they reach in the backcourt with Wade and you have an automatic 5 on 4 they find ways to easily guard 5 players with 4, blocking what looked like an open shot. but persistence helps and exploit their weaknesses, just like they exploit the weaknesses in the game.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I've been a frustrated Pacers user for the past two years. Indiana was the number 1 or 2 defensive team (depending which stats you use) for this entire season. Indiana was the top rebounding team this season. In online matches, I can't do either thing particularly well, and it's not from the lack of practice or trying.

If this game was anything like NBA 2K11, I probably would have a 90% winning percentage easily. I don't expect an high octane offense from the Pacers, but damn...I should be able to defensively punish players for playing like idiots.

There's nothing worse than to see fools jack up 3's or attack the paint on every possession, and I end the game with 5 f*cking blocks...Hibbert only got one of them.

Sorry for the venting. Sensitive subject for me.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've noticed the Raptors are sneaky good in this game. They have 3 prototypical '2k god' players: Derozan, Gay, and Ross are all athletic wings who can dunk, the types who are semi-unstoppable going to the rim. They're so cheap that it kind of robs the game of fun. Just get within fifteen feet on a drive and they'll dunk on people with no resistance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »