Home

Getting real tired of this "Sorry, we couldn't place your bid" stuff...

This is a discussion on Getting real tired of this "Sorry, we couldn't place your bid" stuff... within the NCAA Football Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3
Getting real tired of this "Sorry, we couldn't place your bid" stuff...

So I saw a gold Quan Sturdivant (86-rated MLB, for those who don't know who he is) for 950 coins. I got real excited, because he would be the last piece to complete my defense. I waited until there was one minute left, started the stopwatch on my iPod, waited about 30-40 seconds, and hit the bid button.

"Sorry, we couldn't place your bid. Try again."

By the time I hit circle and refresh the screen, the auction was over. I lost my chance. And this isn't the first time that it's happened.

Does anyone have any idea why this keeps happening? My internet? EA's crappy servers? I don't really know. I'm just frustrated that I lose half of the auctions that I try to win because of this.

Last edited by malowry; 07-15-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Getting real tired of this "Sorry, we couldn't place your bid" stuff...

The way I understand it, if it gives you that warning it means that someone has already placed that next 50 coin bid. You will struggle throwing these last second bids because there is usually already 2 people re-upping each other. I find that in bidding wars it almost always goes in a rhythm.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2
This game not having a true live auction, or refresh button, makes bidding a horrible experience.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

It sucks for us bidders but it also really hurts the actioner. How many bids get lost in the last few seconds. It takes too long to back out, place bid, and accept; then hope your bid goes through.

I wish there was a way of placing a larger bid then the 50 coins.

An Ebay type of reserve would be most helpful too. Even if you had to pay a primium to use it.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
Rookie

MrYaz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
This game not having a true live auction, or refresh button, makes bidding a horrible experience.
Bingo. Which also boggles my mind a bit because FIFA and NHL both have live auctions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Burke's Arena

Once you place a bid, you can exit and jump right back into my bids really quickly. I've only lost 2 auctions this whole time. I dont get why people cant use this method.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
Rookie

cletus42o's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke
Once you place a bid, you can exit and jump right back into my bids really quickly. I've only lost 2 auctions this whole time. I dont get why people cant use this method.
Certainly it's possible sometimes, but regardless, it's a huge pain. And if it's a highly sought after item, when you jump right back in really quickly, you still can get that message. If 20 other people are also going really quickly, you could be left out.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

For all of it's shoddiness, I LOVE this method. Sure, you lose some auctions on timing, but when you get a 20k card for 6k because the slack-jawed moron who posted it for 600/20000 bid/buy now, its super-satisfying. And a great way to farm coins!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Ultimate Team »