Home

Lack of Big Returns

This is a discussion on Lack of Big Returns within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Lack of Big Returns

I've played probably around ten games now and I've noticed when the CPU returns punts and kicks, the result is essentially the same or close to the same every time. I've had reasonable success returning them myself but it'd be cool to have to worry about dangerous AI returners as well. Has anyone else had this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Lack of Big Returns

No. I've had 2 kick returns already on me, including one with no time left to win the game. CPU.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

The CPU has not had a special teams TD on me yet. Really the best they've done is get it out to close to midfield a time or two. I would like to see the CPU do better. One thing I need to make time to do is go into formation subs and take out many of my "starters" that are on my special teams coverage team. This should enable the CPU to have a better, more realistic shot at a great return, plus my starting defensive DB's wouldn't have that little bit of fatigue gone that was spent on ST coverage.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-14-2013, 02:35 AM   #4
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Still haven't had any big kick returns against me, but Purdue finally broke a 43 yard punt return on me with one of their impact players.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:48 AM   #5
Rookie

akacesfan's Arena

The Rutgers guy had multiple 50+ yard returns against me. I haven't allowed a TD on a kick return yet, but I've come close.

Year 1: 11-3 (7-1 MAC) W over NU in Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl

Year 2: 0-0 (0-0 MAC)

Last Game: 24-17 W vs. Northwestern in the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl

NHL 13 - Columbus Blue Jackets

Year 1: 1-1-0

Last Game: 3-2 W @ Minnesota
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

I first started playing with Ultimate Team and used B. Sanders to run back kicks. I ran back 3 in as many games and thought it was strange. I then stated playing my dynasty more and figured out what the problem is.

I've always been a really good 'coffin corner' kicker. That leaves more time for the returner to run up the side line and less time for your defense to get into position. For some reason, your outside 2 defenders on the kickoff cannot break those blocks and the returner will break a huge run. I've seen it as the returner and as the defending team. I've even tried choosing coverage to the side I'm kicking to and same results.

I suggest choosing kickoff middle and kicking to either the right or left hash, which ever you can kick to with consistency. Holding the returning team inside the 30 is a victory.

As the returning team, go to the sideline you're kicked to. Stay on the hash and don't use sprint until 5-7 yards before the wall. Crack your right analog to the sideline you're running to and take off down that sideline after you break past the wall. You'll start hearing Herbie say the kicker saved a big gain a lot more.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Lack of big returns? Sounds realistic to me!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

I'm pretty happy with the returns this year. I've returned one and had a fair # of big returns. CPU has returned two and has also had some go for big yardage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »