Home

Temporary 2014 Roster w/ Names x Coaches (Edited Ratings for all HC/OC/DC)

This is a discussion on Temporary 2014 Roster w/ Names x Coaches (Edited Ratings for all HC/OC/DC) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
Rookie

survivalsounds's Arena

OVR: 1
Lightbulb Temporary 2014 Roster w/ Names x Coaches (Edited Ratings for all HC/OC/DC)

While we wait for OS Community Rosters...

This is a mod of MRBAD31's roster, which itself is a mod of PASTAPADRE and GAMEROSTERS.COM's early (but imperfect) rosters, which are fully-named rosters w/ BASE (unchanged) ratings. Lots of flaws but definitely playable!

MRBAD31 did 8 hours of transfer work and added some freshmen... I liked his roster work so I used it as my starting point.

I developed a BETA coach rating update methodology. The main feature you'll notice is the OC/DC on every single team is not the same anymore! Hooray.

The next thing you'll notice is the HC ratings are changed to a new scale. At this moment, I have NO IDEA how this will affect Dynasty or Gameplay Difficulty, Recruiting Balance, or Coaching Carousel and Off-Season valuation or appraisal of coaching talent.

However, this is better than the vanilla coaching lineup that was bothering me. Schools HAVE to have a strength/weakness on the coaching staff... The OC/DC's can't just be all the same.

I used several criteria to edit coach ratings...
  • Years of Experience Regardless of Win/Loss Record
  • Win/Loss Record and Percentage
  • Trajectory of Career Path/Recent Success or Failure
  • "Name" and NFL Experience or Family Affiliation (i.e. recruiting boost) or School Attributes that might help that coach (i.e. Oregon's new head coach should hit the ground running due to the Oregon program's system.)

What I did not account for:

Decline in Coaching Skills in Recent Years i.e. Mack Brown or Steve Spurrier.

As such, Those two dudes are at the top of the food chain along with Nick Saban and several others w/ levels of 50/51 range and TONS of Team Boosts which might come back to haunt us. Some middle of the pack coaches were not changed, and some lower tier coaches were given perks based on early success or "name", resume, or credentials.

Download from my locker if you want to try it out, feel free to let me know if it is buggy and I will change it if, and only if, the OS Community Rosters for 360 have not been released.

Only thing I can forewarn is if you take a stud coach and program, there's not as much room to "grow" and unlock new perks and game boosts as if you pick a lower tier coach... just an FYI.

Also, recruiting will be HARD if you don't pick a stud since the "Kitchen Sink" boost gives a coach a lot of weekly influence w/ extra points assignable to recruits (500 is the starting max if you don't have that perk but they can exceed that w/ the perk...) Personally, I dig the challenge.

Update: My 1st Offline Dynasty w/ Florida State (Jimbo Fisher Level 17) going up against coaches in the Level 40's and Level 50's head to head in recruiting and I had a Top 5 recruiting class. Also, the Signing Day was fairly realistic in terms of Top Classes. Alabama killed the nation but no team had more than 2 ***** Five Star Blue Chips. Good News. On a side-note, I finished the season w/ two losses and game difficulty is negligible so far.

Enjoy your Dynasty!

My locker is located at:

XBOX360 GamerTag: COACHMETA

Last edited by survivalsounds; 07-14-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Temporary 2014 Roster w/ Names x Coaches (Edited Ratings for all HC/OC/DC)

THANKS BRO NICE JOB
Old 07-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #3
Rookie

chadex's Arena

This sounds really awesome man, anyway I can get an offline, non Locker Share file uploaded on the internet to download? Really want to try these.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
Rookie

survivalsounds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadex
This sounds really awesome man, anyway I can get an offline, non Locker Share file uploaded on the internet to download? Really want to try these.
I'm not able to do that... apologies.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
Rookie

survivalsounds's Arena

Update: My 1st Offline Dynasty w/ Florida State (Jimbo Fisher Level 17) going up against coaches in the Level 40's and Level 50's head to head in recruiting and I had a Top 5 recruiting class. Also, the Signing Day was fairly realistic in terms of Top Classes. Alabama killed the nation but no team had more than 2 ***** Five Star Blue Chips. Good News. On a side-note, I finished the season w/ two losses and game difficulty is negligible so far.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 AM   #6
Rookie

survivalsounds's Arena

Another Update: The coach edits appear to be decent... The impact on gameplay and recruiting is negligible if you know how to recruit.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:43 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Props and much kudos good sir.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #8
Rookie

survivalsounds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnydigital
Props and much kudos good sir.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Thanks. I hope the OS Community Team for 360 does it even better with more in-depth strengths/weaknesses for coaches.

Maybe I'm too optimistic from waiting so damn long!

If I had it all to do over again, which I'm not going to do... I would have put the max coaches at about 25 and scaled everyone down from there. The 50 system is good but if you pick Nick Saban or Spurrier for a dynasty, you'll max coaching stats out (Level 54) eventually and too quickly IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »