Home

Jeff Francoeur

This is a discussion on Jeff Francoeur within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Jeff Francoeur

Was added by the Giants however, after I released him earlier this year from KC, I cannot add him to the 40 Man roster. I get that stupid message stating "Only Free Agents may be added to the 40-man roster between Nov 20th and the Rule 5 Draft in Dec", Does anyone understand this? I did not DFA him cuz I did that for Ankiel earlier this year and received this same message. Is there a fix or work-around? This message has been going on for 3 years now with various players and I havent seen or heard a cause or reason. Any advice anyone please?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Jeff Francoeur

Nobody else has seen this message?
Old 07-16-2013, 02:17 AM   #3
Rookie

bmke92's Arena

OVR: 2

If you're in September you cant add him to the roster.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
Rookie

Im in July though
Old 08-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
Rookie

I am now in August and if you release Delmon Young, which the Phils did the other day in real-life, and try to sign him as a FA the msg says the same for him. Also the same for Kelly Shoppach who the Pirates just signed. This has to be some kind of waiver glitch, but for the past 3 years I have seen these issues and hopefully someone who deals with this at SCEA understands what I am talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
MLB The Show Designer

Lorne_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCFeagin
I am now in August and if you release Delmon Young, which the Phils did the other day in real-life, and try to sign him as a FA the msg says the same for him. Also the same for Kelly Shoppach who the Pirates just signed. This has to be some kind of waiver glitch, but for the past 3 years I have seen these issues and hopefully someone who deals with this at SCEA understands what I am talking about.
Hi...just wanted to find out from you, step-by-step, on how you were able to create this. I've had some testers here try to reproduce it, but haven't had any luck. We would like to fix this issue, but need some assistance on how to recreate it. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:33 AM   #7
Rookie

There are a few different ways this has happened and I believe it actually depends on the player. Francouer was DFA by the Royals so I DFA him. He cleared waivers since I control all transactions for all teams. later The Giants signed him (real-life) so I went to the FA and signed him to the giants. Then I get the Rule 5 message. Kelly Shoppach was released by Seattle and he made it to the FA pool, then tried to sign him to Pitt and the same message appears. This is also the case with brendan harris also. It seems to be random players and I have seen this issue the past few years and if you do a google search on the actual message the post will come from last year with other users having the same issues. Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »