Home

WR <-> CB Matchup Feature bug or working properly?

This is a discussion on WR <-> CB Matchup Feature bug or working properly? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5
WR <-> CB Matchup Feature bug or working properly?

at the line of scrimmage, there is a new feature that allows the offense to hold RT (R2 on ps3) and then select a WR and a bar at the top of the screen will show the comparative matchup between that WR and whichever defender is guarding him.

i've noticed that during the game, sometimes when the defense is in a zone, using the feature results in all zeros for the comparison. on one level, this makes sense, since in a zone you don't guard a player, but a zone instead. however, isn't this unfair in favor of the offense since it immediately tells the offense whether the defense is in a zone or not? i think the offense should have to read that, not be told by a red bar on your screen.

so, bug or working as intended? (if it's working as planned, imho, it's an extremely broken idea)
NCAA - CLEMSON

Last edited by CRIP4LIFE; 07-07-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WR <-> CB Matchup Feature bug or working properly?

I deff agree with yur comment. I dont think you should be able to see the matchup screen in the first place. This is what the depth chart is for. But for that feature to give you a clue as to the type of D is unfair.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocDawg5050
I deff agree with yur comment. I dont think you should be able to see the matchup screen in the first place. This is what the depth chart is for. But for that feature to give you a clue as to the type of D is unfair.
lol...leave it to EA to try and put some new feature in only to have it open a loophole.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

OP is onto something IMO. I pointed the same thing out during the demo. I quit using the matchup view because of it. It seemed like clockwork that the slot receivers would only show a matchup preview if they were covered in man. I don't remember for sure if the #1 or 2 had the same giveaway. Either way I'm not using it because it appears to be an exploit.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
Rookie

tan_man's Arena

OVR: 2

I like this game and it has a lot of potential but its broken in a million pieces.

Now I know why everyone online is slicing up my zone to no end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #6
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
OP is onto something IMO. I pointed the same thing out during the demo. I quit using the matchup view because of it. It seemed like clockwork that the slot receivers would only show a matchup preview if they were covered in man. I don't remember for sure if the #1 or 2 had the same giveaway. Either way I'm not using it because it appears to be an exploit.
except for when playing online.. you cant control people exploiting versus you in any type of online environment.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Old 07-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #7
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

Man you're right I never thought about that. But on offense does it not just compare the the Wr to the DB that he thinks would be covering him? Or does it just like you said always come up as zero.

I stopped using the feature a long time ago because the ratings seem to mean nothing. On defense it says half the Wr's have -14 release yet they blow past my Db nearly 75% of the time if not more. I mean I know using bump n run will get you burned and you should never depend on it that much, but when you play against weaker Wr's with -15 or more they shouldn't beat you so easy
Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

This is what the depth chart is for. But for that feature to give you a clue as to the type of D is unfair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »