Home

NBA 2K14:Bring These Layups Back!!!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14:Bring These Layups Back!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Icon9 NBA 2K14:Bring These Layups Back!!!

It's about that time of the year when the NBA season is over, and its sunny out, and everyone is having good time, so i decided to jump into the Time Machine and throw in the classic NBA 2K11. So being that most of the 2k11 servers are down, i grabbed my myplayer and jumped into a pick up game..I'm Not gonna lie, i had gotten so used to the right stick dribbling, that I'd lost my way with the controls for 2k11.

So after a few minutes i start finding my way, and then i jump into a pick-up game. Words can't begin to express how much better the game flows compared to 2k12 and 2k13. I will admit, there have been major improvements to overall presentation, and I do like right stick dribbling, But there is no question the FEEL and CONTROL of NBA 2k11 is far Superior than any game made afterwards.

MY Thing is this...With the addition of The Virtual Coins system and for users to have to Pay for layup Packages, why werent they readily available to us to use in the game? I don't know about you, but i didnt have the time to play 2-3 seasons to get my myplayer up, so i paid for my myplayers dunks and layup packages so i could go online. To my surprise, i couldn't perform any of them, and when any of the animations DID come out, they were random and out of my control.

Back to 2k11, I start the pick up game and i throw on the Jamal Crawford Layup package on my point guard and BAM! It just works....kinda reminds me of that Sony commercial from E3 where they show you how simple it is to trade game as compared to XBox One's(at the time) No trade Stance.

Note to 2K Sports....this is How Easy The layups are supposed to be, and they should bring back alot of the contact layups they've had from previous games because alot are missing....for instance:

The Jamal Crawford Layup...where have you gone?

The 360 Layup..

2k 10 Signature Layups...that are suddenly nowhere to be found

I'd like LD2K, Steve OS, and The rest of the community to make this a sticky and make sure we get these layups back, if not 2k14, then definitely for 2K15....it makes no sense that we had these moves 2-3 years ago and now we're paying for VC with real money to get layup packages that dont work or not in the game period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14:Bring These Layups Back!!!

Just beautiful. I too sorely miss the layups featured in 2k11 - there were some AMAZING double clutch/circus shots in that game.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Right on. I think those layups still exist, and some people here likely know the secret to making them happen sometimes, but they're way less intuitive and controllable than they used to be. Knowing how to yield signature layup results should not be a back alley secret. They should happen with controllable regularity. If nothing else, there should be something specific and reliable that says, "If you press this button with this package in this location, it's very likely going to yield this signature result".

I'm with you. Something strange has been afoot on the signature layup front over the past couple of years and it's been a real bummer.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
Rookie

They definitely need to bring those animations back. I have the Tony Parker layup package on my MyPlayer and I have never used it even though the majority of my drives are layups

Old 07-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Indeed - i've only ever been able to regularly pull of Jordan's signature circus shots under the rim in 2k13 - i've pulled a few of Rondo's one's off too, but by sheer luck.

The change shot in mid air with 2k12 and 13 is pretty tame too - i personally preferred the double clutch shots 2k11 gave us. They were situational and always looked great when pulled off. My video below shows dozens of layups/ moves no longer in the game that I really miss.....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wish you made this thread earlier in the year. Probably to late
Old 07-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #7
Rookie

2k10 layups were so nice
Old 07-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #8
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

i am down for this 1000% as long as sig layups arent auto make like the 2k13 random scoop layups smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »