Home

PS3 Jaggies

This is a discussion on PS3 Jaggies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
Rookie

dschreck26's Arena

OVR: 0
PS3 Jaggies

Is anyone else experiencing jaggies on the PS3. Because to me the game looks awful, jaggy and blurry. Is there anything I can do to change it. I'm on a 22 inch Vizio.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: PS3 Jaggies

I didn't notice it on the demo too bad, if it's there, it's def not as prevalent as it used to be... PS3 always had this issue with some games though. EA. just can't get it just right though....
Old 07-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Sometimes a PC monitor can make it look better or worse - most of the time better. I have an LG LED 32 IPS TV, though I find both versions look much better on my HP 27xi Monitor via HDMI.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

On my LED, I change the format to "movie" mode from standard or gaming. Seems to soften it and looks better. Some TV's/Monitors can make those jags look better than they actually are...
Old 07-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
On my LED, I change the format to "movie" mode from standard or gaming. Seems to soften it and looks better. Some TV's/Monitors can make those jags look better than they actually are...
Movie mode would do that for most TV's due to it having a lower sharpness value most likely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I notice it; Funny thing is, it didn't look as bad in the demo. Maybe it will look better in the retail version, but, it's definitely noticeable.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I have been playing the demo on my 26" lcd HDTV at 720p on the ps3. At first I thought I was being too critical of the graphics, specifically the player models. I agree with the TC, I think they look terrible. The players are all jaggies and blury.

Two days ago I decided to do a comparison. I first played the NCAA 14 demo. I then played NCAA 11 and it looked 100x better. The players looked like real players and were crisp and clear to look at. I switched back to NCAA 14 and confirmed they are a blurry jaggy mess. I put on Madden 13 and the players looked great. The final test, sadly, was I hooked up my ps2 and played a little NCAA 06.

I honestly have to say the players in NCAA 14 are pretty much as blurry and jaggy as the ps2 version. If you don't believe me, do a comparison yourself, or at the very least pull up some ps2 screen shots. Sure the player models look great in cut scenes in between plays on NCAA 14, but when they players are lining up at the line of scrimmage and actually running through the play they look horrible.

It's a shame because NCAA 14 plays well, the player models during plays just are not even close to being acceptable. How could NCAA 11 look so good on the ps3, and Madden 13, yet the graphics in NCAA 14 are this bad? What the heck happened at EA?
Old 07-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I found a screen shot online of the ps3 version. If you click on the picture you can zoom in and is exactly what I was just talking about. This screen shot accurately shows the same that I am seeing myself.

http://www.gameday40.com/wp-content/...erted-Veer.jpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »