Home

Rebuilding the Orlando Magic: NBA 2K13 Association

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Orlando Magic: NBA 2K13 Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
MVP

saaddzz's Arena

OVR: 18
Rebuilding the Orlando Magic: NBA 2K13 Association

Rosters: NBA 2K13 2012-2013 Ultimate Rosters (PS3)
Sliders: Saaddzz's Ultimate NBA 2K13 Sliders
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Sim Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Draft Class: Most Realistic one on 2KShare
Season: 2013-2014
Season Length: 82 Games
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Injuries: On
Progressive Fatigue: On
Player Roles: On
Team Chemistry: On

2013-14 Orlando Magic Pre-Draft Roster

Orlando Magic Depth Chart - 2013-14
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGJameer NelsonEric Bledsoe(6th Man)Chris DuhonVictor Oladipo
SGVictor OladipoCaron ButlerDoron LambEric Bledsoe
SFTobias HarrisMo HarklessHedo TurkogluCaron Butler
PFGlen DavisAndrew NicholsonKyle O'QuinnMo Harkless
CNikola VucevicKyle O'QuinnAndrew NicholsonGlen Davis

Last edited by saaddzz; 07-02-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #2
MVP

saaddzz's Arena

Re: Rebuilding the Orlando Magic: NBA 2K13 Association

Report: Orlando Magic will be the second pick in the 2013 NBA Draft

Orlando – The Orlando Magic have become so synonymous with having lottery luck that when their number wasn’t called for the top pick in Tuesday night’s NBA Draft Lottery, it was a surprise for almost everyone in attendance at the NBA’s Times Square Studios.

The Magic went into the lottery process armed with the best odds at winning the top selection at 25 percent, but they fell to the No. 2 spot in the draft order for the June 27 NBA Draft. The Cleveland Cavaliers, winners of the lottery three times since 2003, captured the lottery and will pick first overall. The Magic will be second, while the Washington Wizards (eighth-best odds) were the big movers of the night and will select No. 3.

Cracked Magic Senior Vice President Pat Williams, who on the stage Tuesday night and has presided over three Orlando lottery victories: ``I think (NBA executives) were shocked when we didn’t win it again.’’

Magic GM Rob Hennigan, who assembled a promising young core over the last year with some deft trades for Nikola Vucevic, Tobias Harris, Maurice Harkless, Arron Afflalo and others, is confident that Orlando can still get a difference-maker in the draft. Hennigan and his staff and Magic head coach Jacque Vaughn spent last week in Chicago evaluating and interviewing several of the top prospects for the upcoming draft.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 14

Following!

Good luck, who are you planning on taking or are you going to wait for the results of the draft and take who the Magic take in real life?

Either way, I am really looking forward to this association!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #4
MVP

saaddzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illWILL8455
Following!

Good luck, who are you planning on taking or are you going to wait for the results of the draft and take who the Magic take in real life?

Either way, I am really looking forward to this association!
I'm gonna do what Magic do in real-life, then I'll go on the season, and make Tobias Harris a BEAST! Hopefully Magic pick McLemore. I think they will, it's more likely than Noel.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Noestar's Arena

OVR: 5

In all of my associations when Cleveland sucks they get the number 1 pick overall no matter what. Suspicious?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2013, 03:12 AM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

following along! i hope the magic get mclemore
Old 06-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaddzz
I'm gonna do what Magic do in real-life, then I'll go on the season, and make Tobias Harris a BEAST! Hopefully Magic pick McLemore. I think they will, it's more likely than Noel.
I love that goal. Tobias Harris has a lot of potential, and finally has an opprituity to break out in Orlando. I do hope that the Magic take McClemore too since that is who you want to add to your team. The last I heard was that they would take Noel if the Cavs passed on him, but with the NBA draft you never know until it happens lol.

Good luck in your association!
Old 06-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
MVP

saaddzz's Arena

ORLANDO – With their choice of highly projected players available after Cleveland’s shocking No. 1 selection, the Orlando Magic could have taken shot-swatting center Nerlens Noel or scoring sensation Ben McLemore with the No. 2 overall pick.

Instead, the Magic opted for a player – Indiana University shooting guard Victor Oladipo – who thrives both on the offensive and defensive ends of the floor. And in Oladipo, the Magic also targeted a mature and steadily improving player who fits in perfectly with their culture of hard work and discipline.

The Cavaliers stunned the basketball world when they selected injured UNLV power forward Anthony Bennett with the top pick. That left the Magic with the option of picking Noel, whom many had atop their mock drafts despite a knee injury that won’t allow him to play until January.

But a Magic organization under the direction of GM Rob Hennigan and head coach Jacque Vaughn that has spent the past year restructuring the roster with promising young pieces never wavered on picking Oladipo. Hennigan resisted the notion to trade the second pick despite loads of interest from several teams wanting to move up to snag the talented guard.

Oladipo, the national Defensive Player of the Year last season in college, knows exactly why he was so coveted by the Magic.

``My defense is everything; it’s the reason I got here and the reason I’m at the point that I am now,’’ Oladipo said via conference call from New York City. ``And (his defense) is going to help me separate myself in the future. So defense is everything for me and I feel I can grow in different aspects of my defense as well. So I will bring that to the Orlando Magic program and help my team win.’’

The Magic interviewed Oladipo in Chicago during the NBA Pre-Draft Camp and once again in Orlando earlier in the month. They obviously liked what they saw and heard from the standout shooting guard in interviews and a private workout.

``We liked a lot of different things about him,’’ Hennigan said. ``When we first started evaluating (Oladipo) early in the season his competitive spirit really resonated with us. His ability to impact both sides of the floor was appealing as well.

``We like Victor because we feel Victor has a work ethic and an approach to the game that will allow him to continually improve. And we feel that way about a lot of the players that we have,’’ Hennigan continued. ``It was more about his work ethic, his approach and his tenacity. That really resonated with us.’’

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »