Home

Was this years game a disappointment for anyone else?

This is a discussion on Was this years game a disappointment for anyone else? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Was this years game a disappointment for anyone else?

First off I'll start off by saying i've boughten this almost every year since its existence. I love baseball and nothing says summer time like beer and some MLB the Show. Well i must admit, this year i am actually extremely disappointed. I understand that games need time to get patched and updated, but it is now almost July and this game is just broken. For those who haven't noticed yet, if you use 30 team control in your chise, injuries are almost non existent. I've done dozens of tests and im just convinced that part of the game is broken. Secondly i just can't handle the player progression, it's completely flawed and there are enough threads to go around to speak for itself. I just don't remember all these bugs, i've waited so long for some of these things to get sorted out, the player progression has been a problem since day 1 and really hasn't been addressed. Try using CPU Roster Control, half the teams you can't even add or remove players from. I'm just really let down.

You can remove this thread if you'd like, im just so frustrated at this point i figure i'd see if anyone else has all but quit on this game like me. The gameplay itself isn't bad, way too many botched throws to 2nd and way too many homeruns but everything else is good. Franchise mode this year however may be the worst it's ever been in my honest opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Was this years game a disappointment for anyone else?

I think this is the best iteration they have released so far.

Last edited by Curahee; 07-01-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

No.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

It was the first year of a new progression model...and I kind of liked it. It made it really hard to know who to let go, and the rule V draft was quite difficult (using OSFM, I think the default rosters were probably much better). But no, I don't think the game is broken, or was a disappointment.

The things that harm replay value for me were a lot of wrong commentary, and that stupid rounding 3rd base thing... the rounding 3rd base thing I prolly would've never noticed if I hadn't seen it here on the forums.

It's a step forward... I like the new scouting system, and I like the draft.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

I'll also reiterate I'm not baiting or trolling by any means, I've just been extremely patient with this game, I've contributed to roster sets, created my own slider sets, I've just put alot of time into this game, and i almost feel like i've wasted my time. I don't want to play a franchise with no injuries, I also don't want to have Ichiro rated a 65 by season's end. These are things that are simply bugs within the game that I'm pretty disappointed i payed 60 bucks for. I'm never one to rant or complain like this, but i've waited and waited for this game to fix some pretty obvious issues and I just don't have the patience for it anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
Pro

jseward92's Arena

OVR: 14

I love the new scouting and draft system but I will agree the progression is a little sketchy. But I think with another year under their belts they will be able to perfect it. Cant really complain to much though I am still playing.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

I think it made a ton of improvement as far as gameplay, but I will agree with the progression system. I think they had the right idea with it, but it was just overdone. A 20-30 point increase/decrease in a years time is a little out of hand. I notice it a lot playing RTTS. A player will have a great year, win the ROY then they drop down to a 75 OVR and ride the bench, sometimes drop down to 60-65 OVR and basically be garbage the rest of their career. I get that that happens at times with players where they have break out years and you will never see the same type of play again, but it is way to frequent in The Show.

Also the double play "bug" really drives me crazy. It almost seems like a 50/50 chance of actually turning a double play without the ball sailing over someones head.

I really think they should have just kept basically the same game as last year, fine tuned the ball physics (which are great this year) and maybe add some different animations, accessories, ect. here and there. It just seemed unnecessary to make such drastic changes.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

IMO, MLB 13 is the best version to date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »