Home

Crafting an All-Raiders Team..

This is a discussion on Crafting an All-Raiders Team.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Rookie

1NFAMOU5808's Arena

OVR: 0
Crafting an All-Raiders Team..

Back on Sega/SNES, Madden used to feature historic teams and if I'm not mistaken the 'All-[Insert Team Name Here] which I always found was an awesome addition- not just to Madden, but to any sports game.

Since I've grown bored with M13 I'm thinking about creating an All-Raiders team which will basically consist of the best of the best that played for the organization since it's inception. I don't know if there's a lot of Raiders' fans here, but I'd love your input into who should start- and so forth.

I have a basic idea of the line up I'd create, but I'd also like the opinion of other Silver and Black fans to create the perfect mixture of the team of the decades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Crafting an All-Raiders Team..

Gotta have bo jackson, tim brown...who you thinking about putting in?
Old 06-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NFAMOU5808
Back on Sega/SNES, Madden used to feature historic teams and if I'm not mistaken the 'All-[Insert Team Name Here] which I always found was an awesome addition- not just to Madden, but to any sports game.

Since I've grown bored with M13 I'm thinking about creating an All-Raiders team which will basically consist of the best of the best that played for the organization since it's inception. I don't know if there's a lot of Raiders' fans here, but I'd love your input into who should start- and so forth.

I have a basic idea of the line up I'd create, but I'd also like the opinion of other Silver and Black fans to create the perfect mixture of the team of the decades.
I'll give you my opinion on who should be your starters and primary backups at key positions...

QB: Kenny Stabler

RB: Marcus Allen

FB: Mark Van Eeghen

WR: Cliff Branch - Fred Biletnikoff - Tim Brown

TE: Dave Casper - Todd Christenson - Raymond Chester

OT: Art Shell - Lincoln Kennedy

OG: Gene Upshaw - Steve Wisniewski

C: Jim Otto

DL: Howie Long - John Matuszak - Otis Sistrunk - Greg Townsend

LB - Phil Villapiano - Matt Millen - Greg Biekert

DB - Willie Brown - Lester Hayes - Jack Tatum - George Atkinson {with the possibility of Charles Woodson added}

P - Ray Guy

K - Sebastian Janikowski

Coach - John Madden

Backup QB - Rich Gannon

Backup RB - Napoleon Kaufman/Bo Jackson

Backup FB - Jon Ritchie {w/ Zack Crockett a strong contender
}

Hope this helps...

Old 06-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #4
Rookie

1NFAMOU5808's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I'll give you my opinion on who should be your starters and primary backups at key positions...

QB: Kenny Stabler

RB: Marcus Allen

FB: Mark Van Eeghen

WR: Cliff Branch - Fred Biletnikoff - Tim Brown

TE: Dave Casper - Todd Christenson - Raymond Chester

OT: Art Shell - Lincoln Kennedy

OG: Gene Upshaw - Steve Wisniewski

C: Jim Otto

DL: Howie Long - John Matuszak - Otis Sistrunk - Greg Townsend

LB - Phil Villapiano - Matt Millen - Greg Biekert

DB - Willie Brown - Lester Hayes - Jack Tatum - George Atkinson {with the possibility of Charles Woodson added}

P - Ray Guy

K - Sebastian Janikowski

Coach - John Madden

Backup QB - Rich Gannon

Backup RB - Napoleon Kaufman/Bo Jackson

Backup FB - Jon Ritchie {w/ Zack Crockett a strong contender
}

Hope this helps...
Wow, that's awesome brother and pretty on point for what I had lined up.

Thanks a hell of a lot for replying, I do appreciate it!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
Rookie

1NFAMOU5808's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg07
Gotta have bo jackson, tim brown...who you thinking about putting in?
I'm totally undecided on if Plunkett or Snake should get the starting nod. That's where I'm hung up the most, I know Blanda and Lamonica also deserve a spot, but.. Plunkett and Kenny is where I'm having trouble.

Marcus Allen would get the starting nod, Bo is right there behind him.

I like Mark van Eeghen would be the starting FB.. FreddyB, Tim Brown and Cliff Branch would be my main 3 wideouts- Dave Casper DEFINITELY would line up as starting TE. Branch in the slot would be dangerous I believe.

Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, Jim Otto, Big Wiz and Lincoln Kennedy would make up the Line.

I'm still assembling my defense, Lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

I think you have to include Ted Hendricks as well.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:59 AM   #7
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NFAMOU5808
I'm totally undecided on if Plunkett or Snake should get the starting nod. That's where I'm hung up the most, I know Blanda and Lamonica also deserve a spot, but.. Plunkett and Kenny is where I'm having trouble.
You have to go with The Snake and here's why... in the final two minutes of a game, he was money! Three 4th quarter comebacks in the play-offs alone {Sea Of Hands, '76 Patriots and Ghost To The Post}.

Stabler is also the ONLY QB to start more than one game against the 70's Steelers - the team a lot of people call the best ever - and have a winning record against them and if not for The Immaculate Reception, he would have had four 4th quarter play-off comebacks.

Stabler was the most accurate QB of his era hitting right at 60% when the league average was around 55% and he did this in an offense that threw deep a lot. In 1976 he hit 66.7!!!

Plunkett did win two Super Bowl's to Snake's one, but the Raider defense in 1980 and 1983 was amazing. In '80 Lester Hayes had 22 interceptions... 13 in the regular season, 5 more in the play-offs and another 4 in the regular season that were called back.

And I would even take Gannon over Plunkett, as I indicated above, because, again, Gannon was so accurate. Had Oakland played anybody but a Jon Gruden coached team in SB XXXVII, they would have destroyed them and Gannon would have probably capped off his MVP season with an MVP performance. He had the misfortune of going against the one coach who knew him and the offense inside out.

JMHO... And props to RyanLeaf16, can't freaking believe I left Ted Hendricks off the list. I knew I was forgetting someone...

Old 07-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

ive actually done an all time raiders roster
offense is easy
QB Stabler
HB Bo
FB Marcus (this really happened when we had both bo and marcus)
WR brown, freddy b, and branch
TE casper and christainsen
OL Shell, Upshaw, Otto, Wis, Henry Lawrence

defense is trickier, but here's mine
DL Long, Matuszak, Ben Davidson
LB Hendricks, Rod Martin, mat millen
-greg townsend can play DE in 4-3 or rush LB in 3-4
DBs willie brown, lester hayes, c.woodson, tatum, atkinson

with this rooster u can play 4-3 or 3-4, also u can use a FB heavy playbook for those surprise plays. mike haynes i dont include bcus he played half his years for the pats where he had most of his individual success.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »