Home

NBA 2k13 : Stuck in an animation.

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 : Stuck in an animation. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
NBA 2k13 : Stuck in an animation.

After the spacing and the paint defense my third gripe with NBA 2K13 is the animations.

I remember that dev insight video where they said something like they added 3000 animations to the game. I'am not too sure about the number. I thought, damn that must be good. Well it's not.

With NBA2K13 more than ever I feel you are fighting animations.

The worst of them to me is this one:

From 2 second to 10 second I'am stuck into glue just because a defender is in front of me. My stick is full right at this moment but the game just ignores it and makes me walk around like an hurt old men. I guess this animation is trying to represent the offensive player protecting the ball... Even though it looks ugly why not... BUT

Why force me into it? This animation happen EVERY ****ing possession. 80 times a game I'am like: Oh **** this animation again.

This animation is basically saying: Nope you won't initiate/run a fluid offense on the perimeter. The only way to get out of the glue is use turbo... But it's highly unrealistic and I just don't want to turbo around on the perimeter. It's not realistic.

It makes moving around the perimeter extremely annoying. There are too many different player stances on the perimeter triggered all the time. They change how you have to use the right stick if you're not using absolute and they make it really hard to move around. How could anyone thought it was a good idea?

I was gonna make a huge thread with lots of example of animation but I got lazy. I just don't wanna do it but there are lot of wrong animation in the game. Escape dribble animations who lacks purpose/cover way too much grounds from the shooting animation 'a la jordan drifter' who triggers all the time and make you fly over the ground and so on.

They HAVE to take more time when making new animations... It's really important because from what not seem to be a huge issue can become a game breaker when it happens 80 times a game.

Last edited by Vni; 06-25-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2k13 : Stuck in an animation.

Agreed. Especially when playing defense on team up
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

I doubt things will change any time soon. 2K is built upon these types of animations.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

i hate this **** so much i ****** a ***** and then ****** called ************* Ikea and ****** another ****** nissan.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
I doubt things will change any time soon. 2K is built upon these types of animations.
Watch 2K11 - 2K12 gameplay. You where moving freely at all times on the perimeter. With 2K13 they really took animations to another level. Aesthetics took over gameplay.

Even that contact animation that pushes your player into the defender like a magnet. All this makes the gameplay frustrating to me because animation just completely took over.

Watch how Tony Parker moves around the court, across the court in every direction and compare it to how you move in 2K. It's horrible basically. It's never been that bad. There are so many factors that modify your standing still stance (without any input on your part) wich messes your right stick dribbling and even messes with your shot timing's release.

I'am not playing The last of us or Uncharted. If I don't press any button I expect my player's movements to be at a minimum.

Last edited by Vni; 06-26-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

I didn't see were the problem was, maybe you should have used that screen or tried to explode out of the between the legs. When you use that animation it's for precision movement, i know because i do it all the time to set something up. Honestly you had a good look for a shot or could've hit Dwight when he rolled to the basket. Did you just make this video to show the animation or were you playing and it affected you on this play? Previous years there was very little in between speed or movements, i think this was kind of your fault.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 06-26-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Yes I made that clip to show the animation.

And it is not triggered by my input. It is triggered when the defender gets close to you. Wich is basically all the time. If I'am running an offense I'am not trying to explode most of the time. I'am trying to move fluidly and freely around. I don't want to use turbo, the game shoudn't force me to use turbo.

Besides do you oftenly see NBA players in that wierd stance? Or moving like old mens around just because there is a force field around defensive players?

It just doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by Vni; 06-26-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Yes I made that clip to show the animation.

And it is not triggered by my input. It is triggered when the defender gets close to you. Wich is basically all the time. If I'am running an offense I'am not trying to explode most of the time. I'am trying to move fluidly and freely around. I don't want to use turbo, the game shoudn't force me to use turbo.

Besides do you oftenly see NBA players in that wierd stance? Or moving like old mens around just because there is a force field around defensive players?

It just doesn't make any sense.
I see what your saying, but that only happens when you use the precision movements or least it's never happens to me where i felt i couldn't move freely. You made it happen because you wanted to.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 06-26-2013 at 12:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »