Home

Pitch Counts....

This is a discussion on Pitch Counts.... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pitch Counts....

Anyone have a problem getting realistic pitch counts? I can never get a guy to have PC issues before the 7th-8th inning, regardless of how much I'm getting shelled or not... If anyone has suggestions on how to remedy this please let me know. I use my own sliders, that arent far off of default settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Pitch Counts....

Well, my first question would be whether or not you are walking any batters. If you're getting shelled, but you're not walking anybody, then that may be a sign you're not being very careful against the cpu hitters, which in turn is a sign that you're not very afraid. Perhaps it may be time to adjust sliders and turn up the skill level a notch.

More cautious pitching will take you deeper into counts while issuing some walks and give you more realistic pitch counts.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
Well, my first question would be whether or not you are walking any batters. If you're getting shelled, but you're not walking anybody, then that may be a sign you're not being very careful against the cpu hitters, which in turn is a sign that you're not very afraid. Perhaps it may be time to adjust sliders and turn up the skill level a notch.

More cautious pitching will take you deeper into counts while issuing some walks and give you more realistic pitch counts.
I rarely walk anyone on Pulse pitching and ive never gotten shelled either. I switched to class yesterday and i walked a few but i still rarely get into any trouble with pitch counts... Fister(my pitcher) gave up 4 ER 7 innings, i think he walked 3 guys and not sure how many hits... He only threw 88 pitches which is really low considering how many guys he let on base via hit/walk etc... I think this is due to so many 1st pitch outs by the CPU... Now switching to classic has helped a bit, but still not there yet.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 24

I've had games where I'm dominating but still reach 100 pitches in 5 innings because of a lot of full counts and walks... so there's definitely a solution out there.

More than anything I'm going to guess that the CPU isn't fouling enough balls.

Hitters (both CPU and yours) should be fouling off approximately half the time they make contact... so go to pitch analysis, go to Swing... subtract Missed... and divide that number by 2.

If your Foul count is nowhere near that number, that's going to have significant effects on pitch counts.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I've had games where I'm dominating but still reach 100 pitches in 5 innings because of a lot of full counts and walks... so there's definitely a solution out there.

More than anything I'm going to guess that the CPU isn't fouling enough balls.

Hitters (both CPU and yours) should be fouling off approximately half the time they make contact... so go to pitch analysis, go to Swing... subtract Missed... and divide that number by 2.

If your Foul count is nowhere near that number, that's going to have significant effects on pitch counts.
I was actually looking into your sliders, liked what I saw but I felt wierd with analog... Although I did get good results the one game i played I believe. I did notice you foul ratings are pretty dang high, which does make sense as I feel that may be a problem as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Good thread.

I almost never walk anyone and I rarely give up more than 3-4 runs. I play with LAD, so my starters are good, but still.

I'm usually at 80 pitches or so into the 7th inning.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah i have the same problem unless i play with Armors or Bobheads sliders
Old 06-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
Rookie

I think more fouls is right.... I'll try upping cpu foul sliders to your set Bobhead and post the box score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »