Home

Staring a new MYPRO career, I need help.

This is a discussion on Staring a new MYPRO career, I need help. within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Staring a new MYPRO career, I need help.

So for those of you that have played in a my pro career mode, what position did you pick and why? Also I'm trying to find settings that allow me a decent amount of time on the ice but not have like a goal or two goals a game with my player because I'm on the ice that long.

I feel like even halfway into my last created pro career I would be on the ice maybe a total of 5 minutes in the entire game due to the extensive stamina drain, even if all I'm doing is skating around.

Im just looking for suggestions for I guess what I'm calling "fun but realistic balance" for my player. Anyone? Beuhler?....

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Staring a new MYPRO career, I need help.

1st off, I suggest Cycloniac's sliders. They are meant more for vs or BaGM, but they work well for BaPro, as long as you sim to your shift instead of watching the whole 20 minute period.

As far as ice time, you don't need to wait for the coach to call you off the ice to get off, just go to the bench manually by hitting O (if you're a forward) or [] (if you're a defenseman). You can choose to have 30-45 second shifts, or just get off when your player finally gets tired.

Now those alone should bring down your points total a bit. But if you feel you're still getting too many points, play as a defender. And don't be super aggressive, acting like you're a 4th forward. And if you feel D is too hard a position to play or have the need to play a forward, play as a TWF or PWF winger. Think defense first as a TWF or just think about hitting people as a PWF and camping out in front of the goalie.

Those are the things I'd do. It's how I play to change things up a bit. I think a lot of people's first instinct when they pick their player type is they want to score a lot and choose sniper or playmaker.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Another thing that might be worth a try is to not even make a created player, and use a current NHL player. Could be a star, role player, or minor league prospect. Assume his role, and try and complete the season objectives.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Rom_V's Arena

OVR: 1

For a somewhat challenging experience play on superstar and select the NHL draft as your starting point. Your player won't be a high overall and you'll definitely be challenged. Pick the setting with the line changes (Classic) and just play as the pros do. For POS it doesn't really matter, but D is my personal choice. Fun to score whenever you do and bodying computers never gets old

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »