Home

Is this a bug? Anyone else have this happen?...

This is a discussion on Is this a bug? Anyone else have this happen?... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is this a bug? Anyone else have this happen?...

I am simming some seasons with the Royals...I set specific batting orders, then half the time when I check the box scores the lineups have changed. Just from random checking it seems to happen when I have other issues with my org. with injured players, etc...but even that is not constant. It seems Ned Yost thinks he knows best...and he is wrong. Anyone else have this happen? It's default settings with CPU roster control....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Is this a bug? Anyone else have this happen?...

No, I have never seen that happen to me.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidhope
I am simming some seasons with the Royals...I set specific batting orders, then half the time when I check the box scores the lineups have changed. Just from random checking it seems to happen when I have other issues with my org. with injured players, etc...but even that is not constant. It seems Ned Yost thinks he knows best...and he is wrong. Anyone else have this happen? It's default settings with CPU roster control....
Yes, this happens all the time to me in my Yankees franchise. I have 30-team control and each lineup set to manual, so only I can change them. However, when I sim a game and look at the boxscore, the lineup changes pretty drastically. I'm not talking about a player needing a rest and swapping him out, but instead a wholesale change where my leadoff hitter hits ninth and my middle of the order guys are shuffled around.

I noted this issue last year, but I'm not entirely sure how much it affects gameplay. I'm wondering if, for some reason, the names are mixed up on the boxscore screen, but they are really simmed in the lineups you have previously set. I say that because it appears as though my leadoff hitter is still getting more ABs than anybody else.

Hopefully, it's only a cosmetic thing and not indicative of what's actually being seen on the boxscore screen.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
Rookie

shaneomac's Arena

OVR: 2

yes this is happening in my franchise as well. My only explanation is that it changes the lineup when injuries happen or when a player gets a day off.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

I think what happens is this: as long as nobody needs to be rested the sim engine uses the set lineup. However, if a substitution is needed, then it reshuffles the lineup based on who is inserted to grant a regular starter a day of rest. Often times it winds up juggling the whole lineup, sometimes illogically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
I think what happens is this: as long as nobody needs to be rested the sim engine uses the set lineup. However, if a substitution is needed, then it reshuffles the lineup based on who is inserted to grant a regular starter a day of rest. Often times it winds up juggling the whole lineup, sometimes illogically.
Yep I have the same thing but I don't think there is anything we can do about it... I like that starters are given days off but I don't like how the whole lineup is wrong.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidhope
Yes. Anytime a starter needs a day off (rest, injury, cold streak), the CPU will substitute its own lineup. The CPU will not just plug in a player in the same slot as the player being removed from the lineup. The only way to sim a season where you have total control of the starting lineup it to set the lineups as if you are playing and then sim the game (exit.. sim to end of game or fast forward.. to end of game).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »