Home

Keeping your Dynasty fresh

This is a discussion on Keeping your Dynasty fresh within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
Keeping your Dynasty fresh

Hey guys, I was wondering what you do to keep your dynasties fun and rewarding. I like the challenge of playing on Heisman mode of this years game, but after I lose one game in the season, I feel like I'm not playing for anything anymore, as Nationalchampionship hopes are about 90% gone and you are on the outside looking in for your conference title. What do you all do to keep your dynasties fun and rewarding even if you are having a bad season?

Its not that I dont like losing, I just feel like I'm wasting my time playing the rest of the games in the season when there isn't really anything to play for lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Keeping your Dynasty fresh

Online dynasties, my friend. Get some of your good buddies in it and it becomes 100% more fun!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

Online dynasties definitely help. Find new recruits or fight hard for blue-chips. I always enjoy writing my own stories about the season as well.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Also, I really like doing OD's with Hawaii. It's cool and unique. I give my recruit from Hawaii Hawaiian names and it makes it a lot more fun.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Online dynasties, my friend. Get some of your good buddies in it and it becomes 100% more fun!
I agree with the post above me. Something about user controlled dynasties makes the whole experience that much more interesting.

Personally, I don't even do it for the user games. Just the fact that another person is recruiting against you, managing a depth chart, carrying out their own vision of a direction they wanna take their program. Little things that add up. I like to write recruiting breakdowns and scouting reports

I would gladly do a coach mode dynasty if I could find one.

Offline wise, I'm hoping someone posts good ideas here. Especially knowing from that interview that CPU depth chart logic has not been fixed

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

There was a thread created about this problem years ago and I can't find it =/

Basically, each region of the country has 3 conferences. So, for example, the eastern part of the US has the ACC, AAC (formerly The Big East) and Sun Belt.
After the first year concludes, the teams with the highest # of stars (not players, the actual stars at team choices) would go to the highest ranking conference, in this case it would be the ACC. So, the ACC would have all of the 5 and 6 star programs and the highest ranked or rated 4 star programs. The AAC would get the middle level teams (3-4 stars) while the Sun Belt gets the 1 and 2 star programs. If a team moved up to the required stars for the next tier, they would get moved up, likewise the opposite would happen if they lost enough stars. Of course not every team moved each year. Sometimes only 1 or 2 teams from each conference had to be moved.

I guess it could be done online, but that would take a lot of uniformed minds to make it work flawlessly.
On the other hand, I ran this during my offline with '13 and it worked beautifully. It did take about 20 minutes during each off-season, but it paid off tremendously. Out of 8 seasons, I think their were 2 teams that went undefeated and maybe twice did a team sneak into the top 10 from a mid-level conference (AAC MWC etc etc) In fact, 2 teams won the NC with 3 losses each! It kept each conference competitive, vastly increased replayability and most of all, FUN!

If anyone wants help with this, just PM me and I'll be happy to help =)
Old 06-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

For everyone saying I should do an online dynasty, I agree that is more fun in theory. But I would have to find the right group of people to make it work. I have been in a few corrupt dynasties where the other user players use money plays exclusively and that just takes all of the fun out of the game. But you are right, If you find the right people, you can really have a blast online.

To buick beast,

That was also a thought that had crossed my mind. There are several floating around this site currently and it would be something that I would like to try. However, This year, with the WAC conference being dissolved, that system will need a little bit of tweaking to work smoothly again. But it is still on the table. I think Colt .45 made a promotion relegation system just recently that was divided into regions, but I didn't get a chance to really look in depth at it!
Old 06-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Yes, there lies the problem. It's hard to find a group of all sim like-minded players.

There are a couple on here that are year-around, no switch, emphasis on strategy type leagues but they are hard to get into.

Offline wise I usually enforce noise rules like I can't convince players to stay, I can only recruit 15 a year, stuff like that

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »