Home

Anyone else insanely bored when playing Madden?

This is a discussion on Anyone else insanely bored when playing Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
Rookie

lbjcavsx23's Arena

OVR: 2
Anyone else insanely bored when playing Madden?

Last few days I've tried playing Madden and I lose interest in it very quickly, I can't play the game seriously for more than 2 minutes because for some reason I just get really BORED when playing it. Before 2k13 came out I was playing Madden all the time and ever since playing 2k13 I just feel Madden is a lot more inferior game, anyone else feel this way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else insanely bored when playing Madden?

Yeah I agree with you. However for me its not always because a game is boring. I always have trouble playing games when there "out of season" I can't play MLB the Show in the Winter because its football season, and I can't play Madden in the Summer because its Baseball season..
Old 06-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

The only way to have fun on this madden is to be in a good online league.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
Rookie

Yep, I largely feel this way. For the most part I play against the AI. Throughout the year attempting to find new slider settings in order to keep up with the difficulty curve. However, each year I find myself in the same situation. I inevitibly learn tale tell signs in the pc's defense, you know, the animation when a receiver bumps a man to man defender and will invariably become wide open if you simply pass to the outside corner of the D.

In earlier versions it was the screen pass or HB counter. I get bored when I have to keep mentally enforcing to myself not to cheese the opponent by making plays that I simply know will work.

NBA 2K13 never felt that way for me, but honestly I feel like that is more a testimony to the fact that I rarely run actual play's in that game. Football dictates that I come to the line and run a play every down (not that I want it any differently) but until a physics engine can truly simulate each interaction, I don't see this changing any time soon.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydee14
Yeah I agree with you. However for me its not always because a game is boring. I always have trouble playing games when there "out of season" I can't play MLB the Show in the Winter because its football season, and I can't play Madden in the Summer because its Baseball season..
So true. Plus with all of the roster changes...it makes it boring. I have been playing 2k13 for a while and will continue until NCAA 14 comes out for xbox

I cannot wait till Madden 25 comes out as I will play it for days on end
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Same here, it just feel dead to me now
Old 06-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25
I felt that exact same way since 08 or 09. Stale is an understatement.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5

That is exactly why I gave up playing Madden 13. I have not touched it in at least a month.

- Clemson

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »