Home

Would some consider telling me about Dline and Lb shifts in Madden and, when to use

This is a discussion on Would some consider telling me about Dline and Lb shifts in Madden and, when to use within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-19-2013, 04:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Would some consider telling me about Dline and Lb shifts in Madden and, when to use

The, correctly? is it for blitzes ? when do i use it exactly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Rookie

chzblck's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Would some consider telling me about Dline and Lb shifts in Madden and, when to

Logic. Use it. If someone has two tights on one side. Maybe you should shift your d-line to that side.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Would some consider telling me about Dline and Lb shifts in Madden and, when to

THat Only tells me a little can u please go more in depth
Old 06-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
EA Game Changer

ZFarls's Arena

OVR: 19

Crashing the line is super important to setting up blitzes. All plays have rush angles set up at the start, but by using shifts and crashes you can great different fronts that will have different effects.

In general, pinch and spread help stop inside or outside runs respectively, while shifting to the left or right can help line you up if the opponent has TE's on one side. (strong or weak formations) You always want to be balanced against the runs and learn about gap integrity etc which is more football than just gaming.

Crashing will give your D-Line a new angle depending on which way you send it. We use these to set up certain blitzes and get different rush angles depending on where we want to rush.

Check out 4-3 over (i think) and you will see that Cover 3 has a unique lineman angle where he is "stunting" and hitting a different gap/lane than just one in front of him. These can sometimes work well, or not so well, the key is to test.

Let me know if you have any more questions about it, the key is to try new things with shift and crashes to learn how to stop plays and or send pressure.
EA Sports Game Changer
Author of Madden NFL 12 Official Players Guide + NCAA Football 12 Prima Guide
Old 06-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

ZFarls's Arena

OVR: 19

To get an idea of what happens when you mix up pressure, there are some sample blitzes in this video that will show you the effects of crashes etc.
4-3 Edge Sting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0UB...ature=youtu.be
EA Sports Game Changer
Author of Madden NFL 12 Official Players Guide + NCAA Football 12 Prima Guide
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »