Home

Raw 06/17/13 - A big hand for Mark Henry

This is a discussion on Raw 06/17/13 - A big hand for Mark Henry within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #1
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Raw 06/17/13 - A big hand for Mark Henry

It appears the very last *** will be kicked and the final wig split as Mark Henry has heavily hinted at retirement on twitter. He only captured 3 titles: the European title,WWECW champion and World Heavyweight champion. You'd think he had won the tag titles a bunch of times but not even once. Though there's something to be said for longevity having debuted on March 11th 1996 (it was 4 months until he had his first actual match) and also impressively doing his best work towards the end. He does have a giant list of non-wrestling related acomplishments and was inducted to the International Sports Hall of Fame in 2012.

The Wyatt Family will likely debut after weeks of wonderous promo videos. Perhaps targeting reigning tag champs? or just some random unlucky folk. Most likely going down to funky town.

Speaking of wig split ADR won the World Heavyweight title as Dolph Ziggler failed in his first title defense yet again after ADR seemingly turned heel and relentlessly attacked Ziggler's head in only his second match back from a concussion. At least it lasted longer than his first reign. If he can compete he has a rematch clause but perhaps either way Big E will step in...who was also recently dethroned as NXT champ by Bo Rot...Wya...err...Dallas. But it's not all bad as AJ defeated Kaitlyn for the Diva's title. Of course Kaitlyn will have a rematch clause too. AJ did however lose her raggamuffin status to Bayley of NXT. She'll have to dress up and wrestle in Melina's MK9 alt to earn it back.

The Shield was succesful in getting payback retaining their titles. Abrose winning by countout means Kane probably gets another chance but it appeared Blandy Borton Bot had a malfuction of its friendship unit and will no longer be assisting Daniel Bryan so they'll probably have at it and new contenders will be found for the tag titles. Ambrose attempted to sneak in Undertaker's old school move on Kane perhaps setting further seeds for their Summerslam main event match.

In a match that arguably stole the show Curtis Axel very appropriately won the IC title on Father's day. A title his father brought much prestige and respect to. Wade Barrett rematch clause match incoming. Though it appears HHH still wants himself some of Mr. Axel. Already a more successful Heyman guy than Heidenrich.

Paul Heyman's other client CM Punk had a glorious return in his home town of Chicago putting on another fantastic match with Chris Jericho and getting a win. Perhaps putting him in line for a title shot. It did not confirm his best in the worldness as Daniel Bryan can currently put up an argument for that. Odd little moment between Punk and Heyman along with Punk's public dissing of Curtis Axel may be signs of dissension!

In case you missed it another Paul Heyman guy will be making his return at MitB...not just the showstopper,not just the main event but the whole ****in' show Rob! Van! Dam! I have no idea if there'll be qualifying matches for the actual ladder matches or what sort of stipulations there may be to get in but I assume he's automatically getting a spot in one. We never did get that RVD/CM Punk match in WWECW but the 2 minutes they went at it in the Elimination Chamber was pretty great.

Sheamus got a victory over Damien Sandow so hopefully that'll put an end to his bullying and Sandow can go on trying to teach things in peace.

Finally in a main event that a room full of people with explosive diarrhea couldn't give a crap about John Cena defeated the Ryback in a 3 stages of hell match in what was the worst main event in a very long time and a result absolutely no one saw coming from google miles away. (It's a number,not just a search engine. Sandow could've taught you that if he wasn't so busy getting kicked in the mouth.) On the bright side if someone new was watching it'd be the only match of the night where they wouldn't be confused who was the heel and who was the face as they were greeted with a "you both suck!" chant,the usual "Cena sucks!" chants and dead silence. I can only guess a new #1 contender will be named and Ryback is very much done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Raw 06/17/13 - A big hand for Mark Henry

I think it's safe to say that John Cena needs an... ahem.. *Michael Cole Voice* ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT */Michael Cole Voice* to stay fresh. Hopefully WWE will finally begin to realize how much of a snoozer he is when he's not with a top flight guy like Punk. I'm sure they won't turn him, but if Cena/Bryan at Summerslam or even MITB comes into fruition, I'd have Bryan be the babyface. Most over guy on the roster.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 06-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #3
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Can we please get a Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose triple threat 1 hour iron match tonight? I'm 99% sure we won't but hey i can dream.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 06-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9

I really hope Ziggler does turn face but I'm not sure how AJ will turn with him. I could see Big E going out there and whipping Del Rio's *** (at least attempt too) and get PAYBACK(god damn it Micheal Cole) on Del Rio. It would be really interesting if Del Rio dropped the title to Big E and how that story would unfold between Big E and Ziggler.

I hope Henry doesn't retire because these last two years have been the best of his career. If he does retire, I hope he comes out with Sexual Chocolate or the Nation theme or have it play after his speech. Something like William Regal when he came out with his current theme then they played "Just a Man." when he faced D-Bry forever ago.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Bold Prediction: Del Rio comes out tonight and is still a face.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
Bold Prediction: Del Rio comes out tonight and is still a face.
Complete with Rey and Botch Cara in the back of his hoopty.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

I am Glad that Rob Van Dam is coming back...I'm Pleased as Punch.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 06-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Man Id be fine with this if it was anyone but Del Rio. I give it 2 weeks before no one gives a **** about him again. Hes not a heel. Accept it WWE.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »