Home

Do player types affect BeAGM Simulation a lot?

This is a discussion on Do player types affect BeAGM Simulation a lot? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Do player types affect BeAGM Simulation a lot?

I was curious about this, since you can't change player types anymore if I recall, does it really affect the simulation stats if I don't have the most "optimal" lineups? I play around 10-15 games in the season (an hour almost for each game, and then some playoffs depending on the type), but I sim a lot of it as well. (i.e SNP PLY PWF). My current lineups for my top 2 include
SNP TWF SNP
TWF PWF SNP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Pro

DaRK's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do player types affect BeAGM Simulation a lot?

It's better to have different kinds of players, preferably you want snipers and playmakers on your top 2 lines with maybe one two way forward or power forward. You can change the types, too, just not in the GM Mode screen. Personally, these are the line combinations for the top 2 I find effective:

SNP PLY SNP
SNP TWF PWF
PLY PLY PLY
PLY PLY SNP/SNP PLY PLY
SNP PLY PWF
PWF PLY PWF
SNP PLY TWF

Center playmakers tend to the best, along with two way forwards. I like snipers and power forwards on the wing because they tend to be goal scorers. Obviously it doesn't really matter if you have SNP TWF PWF or PWF TWF SNP most of the time. The only same player type line I have found effective is an all playmaker line; simply because they make plays so well together that they open up goal scoring oppurtunities without being goal scorers per say (ie Zetterberg Datysuk Kucherov).
Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Reiny09's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Do player types affect BeAGM Simulation a lot?

Can't remember where I heard it but I don't believe player types directly affect anything during the simulation. I believe it is solely based off of player attributes. Player types often affect their attributes, for example, a sniper is more likely to have a better shot than a power forward or grinder, but the player type does not directly affect the simulation if I recall correctly.

So a grinder with shot attributes in the 90's should be more effective scoring goals than a sniper with shot attributes in the 70's. Obviously there are other attributes that can play a role such as poise and awareness but if we assume those attributes are equal for both players, that grinder should be more effective at scoring during the simulation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »