Home

Fiddy14's NHL 14 Sliders

This is a discussion on Fiddy14's NHL 14 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Fiddy14's NHL 14 Sliders

these are not the end all be all sliders. i used Cycloniac's as a base and made a few adjustments. i play with speed/acc on default 3, bc i go back and forth a lot from online to offline and i hate there being a difference. so, speed/acc wise, adjust to how you like it. if you slow the game down, maybe bump period length up to 9 minutes.

i went with Casual cpu aid. why? i was messing around on that level and noticed the cpu playing a bit better positionally. they also were going after passes and pucks, where i felt like i didnt have to click on them to actually pick it up, they did it on their own.

fatigue effect, key slider here. as it effects speed, shot acc, etc. well, it effects all player attributes, the lower the effect, the better the guys will play, obviously. i found this key in seeing better type of goals, coupled with auto aim (shot acc 0, slap acc 1) (and even manual shot acc 1, slap acc 1). seeing to many goals? bump this slider up 1 or 2 clicks, you will then find yourself in better defensive battles.

if you are content with the sliders in general, you have tried Pro/All-Star/Superstar and have settled on a level.. yet the game is a bit easy, go bump up cpu difficulty by 1 click until you find your happy medium.

again, these are not the end all be all, but added an element for me to enjoy the game offline like never before over the past 2 or 3 years.

if you make any tweaks, figure out what works best for you, please post what changes you made and why.

if i make any updates, ill let you know with a post below.

thanks guys..

---
Updated 9/17 5:30PM

Rules

Skill Level: All-Star/Superstar (depends on your skill level)
Game Style: Custom (Put on High Impact, then adjust sliders, turns into Custom)
Period Length: 8 Minutes
Offsides: Delayed
Icing: On
Injuries: On (i turn these off in any type of season i start)
Penalties: Max
Post Whistle: Relaxed (i get annoyed at Penalties on Authentic, not tuned proper IMO)
Penalty Time Scaling: 3
Fighting: 1
Shot Aim: Auto or Manual (user preference, but i tend to score more with Manual, so i use Auto mostly)

Gameplay Settings

Basic

Skill Level: Pro/All-Star/Superstar (depends on your skill level)
Game Style: Current (Casual)

General (HUM/CPU)

Tuner: Latest
Game Speed: 1
Attribute Effect: 0
Fatigue Effect: 0/0 (this plays a HUGE role in gameplay, speed, shot acc, goals scored, etc )
Fatigue Recovery: 1/1
Injury Occurrence: 1/1
Puck Control: 0/0
Player Acceleration: 2/2
Broken Stick Frequency: 2

AI

Created Plays: Off
AI Learning: 0
CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 0 (if to easy, bump this up 1 click at a time, i MAX this out, gives me best games on All-Star or Superstar)
CPU Strategy Adjustment: Maxed
Be A Pro Strategy Adjustment: N/A
Human Strategy Adjustment: 0
CPU Faceoff Difficulty: 4
Fight Difficulty: 4
CPU Penalties: Max
CPU Teammate Penalties: Max

Passing

Pass Assist: 2
Manual Passing: On
Pass Speed: 1
Saucer Speed: 1
Pass Accuracy: 0/6
Pass Reception Ease: 0/0
Pass Interceptions: 0/6

Shooting

Shot Accuracy: 0/0 (struggling to score and cpu as well, bump to 1/1)
Shot Power: 3/3
Slap Shot Accuracy: 1/1
Slap Shot Power: 4/4
One-Timer Accuracy: 1/1

Checking

Hitting Assistance: 0
Aggression: 5/5
Hitting Power: 0/0
Stick Lift Effectiveness: 0/6
Poke Effectiveness: 0/6

Goalies

Goalie Passing: 2
Goalie Cover Puck Frequency: Max
Goalie Screen Effect: 3/3
Goalie Reaction Speed: 6/6
---
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Last edited by Fiddy; 09-17-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Fiddy14's NHL 13 Sliders

Can you post your game stats?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #3

Fiddy's Arena

i see 2 to 5 goals when i win, i see about the same when i lose. ive had 1-0 battles, 2-1 etc. pretty much seen it all. again, everyone's play style differs.

shot totals are usually 30 to 35 for winning team, to about 22 to 26 for losing team.

i see 2 to 4 PP's per team, some games 5 or 6. seems like in any settings now im seeing more PP's. lie EA changed something and didnt tell us.
X

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 06-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

so got a game in finally with your sliders and lost in shootout 4-3 (i suck in shootouts lol), but only prob i saw was i outshot there team 57-37, i play 12 min periods but still i thought that was a huge different in shots
Old 06-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #5

Fiddy's Arena

a few changes..

i have come to the conclusion after playing 30 plus games, that for me to get any type of game out of the CPU, i need the CPU Difficulty MAXED out. that means on All-Star and even Superstar.

with that said, regardless of the level, i feel at times i have an advantage. what i did to counter this was give the CPU an advantage with the Fatigue Effect Slider. they are set to 0 and im set at 1. this gives them an advantage i have been looking for on both levels. if you feel games are high scoring, simple solution is to bump Fatigue Effect for HUM to 2, and the CPU to 1. this helps makes the games a bit more defensive.

ive had some great games the past two days.. prior i was getting good ones as well, but something seemed off, and i finally figured it out.. i think LOL!
X

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #6
Rookie

mpu86e's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
a few changes..

i have come to the conclusion after playing 30 plus games, that for me to get any type of game out of the CPU, i need the CPU Difficulty MAXED out. that means on All-Star and even Superstar.

with that said, regardless of the level, i feel at times i have an advantage. what i did to counter this was give the CPU an advantage with the Fatigue Effect Slider. they are set to 0 and im set at 1. this gives them an advantage i have been looking for on both levels. if you feel games are high scoring, simple solution is to bump Fatigue Effect for HUM to 2, and the CPU to 1. this helps makes the games a bit more defensive.

ive had some great games the past two days.. prior i was getting good ones as well, but something seemed off, and i finally figured it out.. i think LOL!
you're right about cpu difficulty at 6... it's a must with casual aid and fatigue at 2 and 1
Old 06-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

have no idea how u play on 6 cpu diff i got killed on it 6-2, and i lowered it to 3 and lost i couldn't do anything id score a goal and on the next shot they scored
Old 06-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #8

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan813
have no idea how u play on 6 cpu diff i got killed on it 6-2, and i lowered it to 3 and lost i couldn't do anything id score a goal and on the next shot they scored
playing on Superstar with the CPU Difficulty maxed is really tough and annoying at times. bc even with shot acc at 0, they still snipe like never before.

IMO, that slider also has to do with what team you are using and your own skill on the sticks. im using the Pens, they obviously a great video game team. in order for me to get beat on a regular basis i need this slider maxed most of the time. ill lower back down to 0 from time to time and get beat, but the pressure just isnt there enough from cpu at that setting for some reason.

try playing with that max setting on the all star or pro level, see how the cpu plays against ya on those levels.
X

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »