Home

Old 06-11-2013, 02:04 AM   #1
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
The Doctor

I wish we could start a petition to please get DR. J back in 2k. I watched him growing up but after watching the special tonight, we need him back. But if we do get him back I would love the signature things like his finger roll, his reach back dunks, his handling the ball with his huge hands etc in the game as well. Whose with me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Doctor

I'd fully support the return of Dr. J. That said, I took solace in being able to create a solid player who took on his general likeness. Erving having so many distinguishable characteristics helps a lot. The biggest helper as you said, with a real Erving or not, would be his signature skills. His game was way too unique to fit into the mold of the signatures already included in the game. For instance, I'm not sure I ever found a dunk package in 2K12 that fully fit for the Doc. Ditto on the layups. There'd need to be a "paw" package, for swingmen with those giant hands.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I wish we could start a petition to please get DR. J back in 2k. I watched him growing up but after watching the special tonight, we need him back. But if we do get him back I would love the signature things like his finger roll, his reach back dunks, his handling the ball with his huge hands etc in the game as well. Whose with me?
I watched that last night, too. I was a little too young to appreciate how awesome he really was. That man was Jordan before there was a Jordan! Great documentary.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
Signed. The GOAT before the GOAT.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I really don't think the legends will make an appearance for the next gen....I still think it will be kind of barebones and only the gameplay will make the jump to next gen but I hope I'm wrong!

I think the legends will be in 2k14 current gen though....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #6
Pro

DutchMastah7's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I really don't think the legends will make an appearance for the next gen....I still think it will be kind of barebones and only the gameplay will make the jump to next gen but I hope I'm wrong!

I think the legends will be in 2k14 current gen though....
This. I highly doubt there will be legends on the Xbox1/PS4 version. Just a gut feeling. They might try to get a couple teams or something but not all the teams we have now. Maybe that'll change when 2K15 drops, hopefully.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

NBA: Bulls (Secondary Team: Hornets)
NFL: Colts
NHL: Blues
MLB: Mariners
Old 06-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #7
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

One of the first players I had to create.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 06-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'd fully support the return of Dr. J. That said, I took solace in being able to create a solid player who took on his general likeness. Erving having so many distinguishable characteristics helps a lot. The biggest helper as you said, with a real Erving or not, would be his signature skills. His game was way too unique to fit into the mold of the signatures already included in the game. For instance, I'm not sure I ever found a dunk package in 2K12 that fully fit for the Doc. Ditto on the layups. There'd need to be a "paw" package, for swingmen with those giant hands.
yes a paw package would be great bc he hardly ever picked the ball up with two hands on the break. awesome idea

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »