Home

List of Trick Plays?

This is a discussion on List of Trick Plays? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
List of Trick Plays?

Was there ever an official list of trick plays/unusual plays in NCAA 13. I couldn't find one, so I figured I would start one here and hopefully we can expand on it when 14 comes out. Please tell me of any you know that I leave off.

Ace-Bunch Spread: Statue
I form-normal: HB Pass
I form-normal: Flea Flicker
Pistol-Full House (diamond)
Shotgun-Heavy
Shotgun-Monster
Shotgun-Normal HB WK: Buck Sweep (a staple of Oregon's offense most people don't know about)
Shotgun-Split Offset: Mtn FB Belly/Mtn FB Cross Screen/Mtn HB Swing
Shotgun-Spread: HB Mid Screen (shovel pass)
Wildcat

Also, what happened to Circus (hook and latter) and why isn't there a true reverse play? There should definitely be a reverse play and several variations (double reverse, reverse pass).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: List of Trick Plays?

There is also Fight Song, I believe it is in LSU's playbook.

Edit: Just curious, what is Pistol-Full House (diamond) and what playbook is it in?

*2008* Boston Celtics
*2008* Florida Football
*2017* Florida Baseball
*2018* Boston Red Sox
*2024* Boston Celtics

Last edited by richmondn96; 06-09-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

The Diamond formation isn't a trick play or formation, it's a standard formation for most Pistol and Air Raid teams.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
Rookie

To expand on this thread if you have any plays you want added to the game post them here, just differentiate between plays you want and plays in the game.

One of Oregon's main offensive plays is missing. It is a triple read where the first two reads are the standard Oregon read option. However, if the QB notices the defense has not lined up the appropriate number of defensive players on the outside WRs (1 on 2, 2 on 3) he will throw a bubble screen to the outside. This would be hard to implement in the game, but it should be in as the read is there on a lot of oregon read options.

To expand on the buck sweep, when Oregon runs it is really a read option sweep, but since two lineman pull to the HB's running side that is almost always the read. Oregon has a counter to this play were the lineman pulls to the side where the QB is running. This would be cool.

I would strongly suggest the NCAA team visit fishduck.com to catch up on the ins and outs of Oregon's offense since a lot of the new elements are missing. This has been one of the most effective offenses in the NCAA over the past few years, so I would expect elements of it to spread to other teams as well, making it well worth the time to get this stuff in the game.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

I would love to see Oregon's trick play on extra points where they will line up to go for 2, read the defense, and audible into a field goal if they don't like what they see. You can sort of do this now by calling a play, reading the defense, and then if you don't like it just take a delay of game and kick the XP. But it would be cool to see the real thing in the game.

*2008* Boston Celtics
*2008* Florida Football
*2017* Florida Baseball
*2018* Boston Red Sox
*2024* Boston Celtics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmc59
The Diamond formation isn't a trick play or formation, it's a standard formation for most Pistol and Air Raid teams.
The diamond formation isn't really a trick, but I felt it fell under the unusual category.

It is a formation with the QB in pistol with a HB behind him as well as a HB and a FB beside him. I love the read and triple options out of this formation because you get a lead blocker from the extra players in the backfield. It also has a neat double screen play. It is the playbooks of Arizona State, Clemson, FAU, Oklahoma State, Louisville, Missouri, TCU, Texas A&M, Tulsa, and probably others.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
Rookie

drift7one's Arena

OVR: 2

wow. I cant believe somebody actually noted Fish Duck. lol.

the Buck Sweep is always a big play in the game. and Im sure it will be in 14 as well, especially with the new acceleration burst. the key was always to wait for your blockers before using the "sprint" trigger. the down fall was that the o-line only went about 5 yards up field and stopped or turned back, even if there was a safety flying down field. hopefully with updated player awareness this gets fixed.

another on 12 but not on 13 for Oregon was a Jet Sweep Option Pass (cant remember the exact name of it). RB lined up in slot and motioned to a jet sweep. You used to be able to easily tap "X" and hand the ball off, but in 13 with the Play Action Abort, its almost impossible to do so. Ive done it once, and I run the play a couple times a game as well as in practice.

taken from another post back in mid-April

WVU Touch Pass
good because it can happen quickly and the QB can still play action a RB dive play afterwards if the linebackers dont see it, and lose a step on the WR.

a couple I would like to see. courtesy of the Oregon Ducks.

Read Option/ WR Screen as mentioned above

run a couple times throughout the season

QB Draw/ Option Pass (Double QB/ Wildcat set)

(although that may have been pure improve)

an animation like this.

new screens already show TE #15 (Colt Lyerla) lined up in the backfield, so hopefully more of this

Last edited by drift7one; 06-17-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #8
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
There is also Fight Song, I believe it is in LSU's playbook.

Edit: Just curious, what is Pistol-Full House (diamond) and what playbook is it in?
Diamond is mainly used in Pistol/Air Raid. In the pistol it's used inside the 5 yd line going toward the end zone. At least that's what I'm familiar with.
NCAA #1: Nevada Wolf Pack
NCAA #2: UCLA Bruins
NFL: Denver Broncos
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: Portland Trailblazers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »