Home

Realistic scores?

This is a discussion on Realistic scores? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Realistic scores?

This game has been tons of fun to play but I am wondering though if perhaps the scores are getting a bit high.

Right now most tournaments that I am playing in are being won by scores that are around -30 or close to it.

Is that normal or am I correct in thinking that is to high? I'm also playing all 4 rounds each tournament so I am guessing that is playing a huge factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Realistic scores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19
This game has been tons of fun to play but I am wondering though if perhaps the scores are getting a bit high.

Right now most tournaments that I am playing in are being won by scores that are around -30 or close to it.

Is that normal or am I correct in thinking that is to high? I'm also playing all 4 rounds each tournament so I am guessing that is playing a huge factor.
I haven't played much career mode, so I don't have much of a baseline from which to gauge it. What difficulty level are you playing? I'm playing what little bit of career mode I have in modified tournament difficulty. I turned the swing meters off from the stock settings. The two tournaments I've played were won with -21 and -17 (I had the -21). The rest of the scores posted in the tournament followed the same bell curve formula as all of the previous Tigers I've played. I never get the sense that the AI players are actually playing the rounds out based on individual stat models (well, I KNOW they're not) so I feel like I'm playing against a formula based spreadsheet than a field of AI golfers anyway.

I think the career mode tournament scoring has a lot to do with the difficulty level you're using, the level at which you have the "cpu" players set (I'm on normal), and how you have the weather set. I think I recall that if you set it to "Live" the AI/CPU players scores won't be affected by the weather, but they are scaled if you're using preset weather.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

What difficulty is the AI set at? and what are your difficulty settings? The settings I have right now are so tough I had to turn down the AI difficulty to easy so most tournaments they shoot low teens to maybe 15 under because I couldnt get low enough scores. Right now Im in the Tour championship at East Lake and Tiger is leading with a -2 and Im at +6 tied for 28th. I feel like between what time of year it is and the mixture of my settings plus the weather its actually making this courses hard as hell to shoot 21 under. I can give you my settings if you want but there are very hard but when I almost win a tournament and tied for 5th while i shot a -11 Im so happy and pleased.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19

I'm playing with AI on Normal and scores range from -10 to -20 for the most part, which is about right
Old 07-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

I couldn't help you out there, I always get like -20's lol
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »