Home

Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not

We've been bombarded with tons of information on Madden NFL 25 in the last week. While a lot of what we are hearing sounds great, such as the return of Owner Mode -- we are not seeing any real gameplay up to this point.

It's doubtful the Madden team is hiding a red herring in the form of atrociously bad gameplay, but most Madden fans want to see what this year's game is bringing to the table with the new 'run-free' feature as well as the second iteration of the 'Infinity Engine.'

Here's what we're excited about and what gives us pause for this year's edition of Madden NFL 25 heading into E3:

Read More - Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21
What were the player editing restrictions? I missed this in the flood of news on owner mode.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 25: What's Hot and What's Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSelected
What were the player editing restrictions? I missed this in the flood of news on owner mode.
I guess that in Connected Franchise you can't edit a player's position until the offseason.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Can you still edit left to right or right to left during the season like in M13 or was editing positions during the season completely removed?
Old 06-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Can you still edit left to right or right to left during the season like in M13 or was editing positions during the season completely removed?
I am guessing you still can, but you just can't move a WR to CB, DT to DE, etc.. until the offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
This is a nice write-up and sums up all my concerns about m25 (Now&Next-gen) well all except one, will the next-gen versions of m25 contain all of the features found in the ps3/360 versions of the game?

PROBABLY NOT
Old 06-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Out of the 5 bullet points of "What is Hot" I would say 32 team control is the only one on that list remotely hot....

What is not hot is a lack of news on AI adjustments, pass blocking adjustments (there was none), zone defense adjustments, general defensive adjustments, AI clock management, defensive micro-management difficulties addressed, player ratings adjustments and precisely explained, traits explained and adjusted, uniform corrections, and etc etc etc....Game play improvements? where?

As for Franchise mode, it looks like NCAA 14 got all the cool franchise stuff in their DYNASTY mode and Madden Franchise got hosed for an owner mode...Oh boy, hot dog prices...
Old 06-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I am guessing you still can, but you just can't move a WR to CB, DT to DE, etc.. until the offseason.
What's so silly about this is that packages and sets "move" players all the time. The idea that a position is the player and not just where you happen to be lined up needs to die in sports games in general. Player skill set and physical characteristics determines that.

At the very minimum, they need to do away with depth chart restrictions. Let the skills do the talking and tell me if the player can handle it, not hard-coded "you can't do thats".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »