Home

Too many injuries?

This is a discussion on Too many injuries? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #1
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

OVR: 5
Too many injuries?

Is it just me or are there way too many injuries? Especially when you sim a game? I have injuries turned all the way down and I still get a ton of injuries. Usually every game or every other. I don't have much time to play whole games so I sim and play the 3rd period a lot. My injuries are ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 04:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Too many injuries?

The good news is that it's not just you.. which also is the bad news I guess.

EA screwed up injuries this year. What most people do is play a week or two with injuries on and then switch them off for a week or two (or whatever intervals seems good for you). That way the injuries is a bit more manageable.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by laijka
The good news is that it's not just you.. which also is the bad news I guess.

EA screwed up injuries this year. What most people do is play a week or two with injuries on and then switch them off for a week or two (or whatever intervals seems good for you). That way the injuries is a bit more manageable.
Ill have to try that because this is ridiculous. Most of the injuries are 2-3 months. When simming if I get a long term injury I usually just reload the game.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Pro

DaRK's Arena

I just turn injuries off..
Old 06-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
Rookie

blinky's Arena

I couldn't disagree with you more. Injuries have always been WAY too skimpy over the years.

I suppose it depends what you're after. I look for realism and a challenge. I run my franchise in an online league and nothing will test my GM skills more than a plague of injuries to my key players. It's easy to front-load a team, any child can do that. But to have a competitive team on the ice, and have prospects and depth in the minors ready to make the big jump is another story.

There's a rollover of at least 100 injuries in the NHL, a good chunk of those are gone long term (concussion, season ending, etc). EA's in game number was never remotely close to that in their game. This is something EA did RIGHT for once in NHL 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky
I couldn't disagree with you more. Injuries have always been WAY too skimpy over the years.

I suppose it depends what you're after. I look for realism and a challenge. I run my franchise in an online league and nothing will test my GM skills more than a plague of injuries to my key players. It's easy to front-load a team, any child can do that. But to have a competitive team on the ice, and have prospects and depth in the minors ready to make the big jump is another story.

There's a rollover of at least 100 injuries in the NHL, a good chunk of those are gone long term (concussion, season ending, etc). EA's in game number was never remotely close to that in their game. This is something EA did RIGHT for once in NHL 13.
I understand there are injuries in hockey, but every game or very other? That's not realistic.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #7
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2

I've played both and while it can be frustrating, I prefer having injuries on. Gives GM mode an extra dimension of having to tinker lines and have enough depth to remain competitive. I've had GM's without injuries where it was too easy to load up the top 2 lines and have 2 top prospect lines.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #8
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingTrav
I've played both and while it can be frustrating, I prefer having injuries on. Gives GM mode an extra dimension of having to tinker lines and have enough depth to remain competitive. I've had GM's without injuries where it was too easy to load up the top 2 lines and have 2 top prospect lines.
Yeah I agree. I probably won't turn it off permanently because I do like being able to call up my prospects. Ill just probably turn it on and off every couple weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »