Home

Please fix fast forward mode

This is a discussion on Please fix fast forward mode within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Please fix fast forward mode

Hello SCEA,

first of all let me say I really enjoy the hitting this year after having been away from the game since 08. That being said, the fast forward mode is an absolute disgrace. And I can't understand how you can botch something like this in the first please.

Before I get to my issues, let me explain the way I play so that you can better understand why a shortcoming like this is so aggravating.
I have no interest in pitching so I sim everytime my pitchers take the hill. Also, I only jump into the game to hit during certain situations (always with RiSP, after a walk or error when I'm behind and for the last inning). I'm midway thru my fourth season playing this way and each one of them has been an absolute disaster, regardless whether I choose a powerhouse team or a bunch of scrubs. My difficulty level is the one above all star with standard settings.

The things that I noted consistently were the following (Mind you that they don't seem nearly as bad on all-star, although I don't have much experience with this difficulty level):

Walks: The CPU team draws at least three times as many walks as the human team. My guys hardly ever get a walk. They can though if I switch the controller to the other team. Heck, I can draw more walks myself during the limited time I'm taking over batting.

Double plays: Basically the same as with walks. The CPU team turns about three times as many.

Comebacks: It's mind blowing how many leads my guys blow. During the last season I tried to cheat and acquired 4 top closers just to see if it would make a difference. It barely did. Also, it often feels like you just won't be able to hold a comeback lead unless it's a walkoff run.

Scoring: CPU scoring is just out of control. They rarely score single runs, there are way too many big innings but I guess that's related to the abundance of walks. It's gotten worse now since I've gotten much better at hitting. Back when I would struggle scoring they wouldn't always bang out 7+ runs. It's just ridiculous that the number 4 rated pitching staff in the majors would finish dead last in the MLB, 1.5 runs worse than everybody else on average without any human influence at all.

I ask you to look into this since it shouldn't be too hard to get this under control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Please fix fast forward mode

Here's something that has just happened.

Down 0-6 through 8 innings. Top of the 9th I take control of the CPU team during fast forward and bam I win it 7-6. What kind of joke is that?
Old 05-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Biggest problem isn't comeback or runs being scored its the lack of baserunning logic, runners not moving up when they should. When you have a runner on 3rd and the batter hits into a 6-4-3 double play the runner should be scoring, runners on 2nd don't advance on a ground ball to the right side and if you have a runner on 2nd a lot of the time the guy
Old 05-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
Rookie

On 2nd doesn't score.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

This drives me nuts. I'm not skilled enough to pitch well, and my controller is kinda screwy so I FF pitching like 95% of the time, usually only coming in to pitch so the CPU won't yank my pitcher out of nowhere for a guy that hasn't warmed up.

Which brings me to another thing I hate about it, why do they make bullpen decisions for you when you're only FFing a half inning? I understand they'd need to be in charge if you FF a full game, but I'd like to have an option to turn that off. Plus, they don't warm anyone up, and if I have two pitchers warming up, the CPU still might put someone else in.

All my pitchers are atrocious regardless of rating. I'm in AAA and my ace is easily a middle of the rotation MLB caliber pitcher, and his ERA is well over 7, which is best on the staff. I try to monitor the half inning and jump in for a mound visit to see if that will help, but it rarely does. I've gone through 7 starters already and most of them have an ERA well above 8. with two guys up over 10.

I'm going to try what the OP was trying, and that is switching teams to FF that half inning, then switch back when it's my turn to hit. I really hope SCEA takes a look at this in future seasons of the game, a more in-depth way to sim would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
Rookie

doctemple's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
This drives me nuts. I'm not skilled enough to pitch well, and my controller is kinda screwy so I FF pitching like 95% of the time, usually only coming in to pitch so the CPU won't yank my pitcher out of nowhere for a guy that hasn't warmed up.

Which brings me to another thing I hate about it, why do they make bullpen decisions for you when you're only FFing a half inning? I understand they'd need to be in charge if you FF a full game, but I'd like to have an option to turn that off. Plus, they don't warm anyone up, and if I have two pitchers warming up, the CPU still might put someone else in.

All my pitchers are atrocious regardless of rating. I'm in AAA and my ace is easily a middle of the rotation MLB caliber pitcher, and his ERA is well over 7, which is best on the staff. I try to monitor the half inning and jump in for a mound visit to see if that will help, but it rarely does. I've gone through 7 starters already and most of them have an ERA well above 8. with two guys up over 10.

I'm going to try what the OP was trying, and that is switching teams to FF that half inning, then switch back when it's my turn to hit. I really hope SCEA takes a look at this in future seasons of the game, a more in-depth way to sim would be awesome.
This has driven me crazy for years. The CPU makes changes that are not only unrequested but are usually stupid. Like you, I do fast forward some, but I have found that if I fast forward (even a half an inning as you said) past the fourth inning, the CPU will make pitching changes. Even if I have a reliever warming in the bullpen, the CPU will put in a COLD reliever! I have to say that the problem of the CPU making STRATEGIC decisions (bunt, hit and run, steal, etc.) is not as bad this year, but the pitchers being pulled is still a major annoyance. I am hoping that something can be done in PS4. I have pretty much given up on PS3 changes beg made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »