Home

Does any of the new/old features matter if gameplay is not better?

This is a discussion on Does any of the new/old features matter if gameplay is not better? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 05-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5
Does any of the new/old features matter if gameplay is not better?

I know lots of people are excited about all the new features that we have had in past years comming back to madden 25 but what good is it if the core of the game is not better? I know they have said the O and D line interactions are better and we have this run free mechanic now and better physics but what about the stuff that really matters like assists,challenges and replays the little things that make a football game. You would think this would be some of the first things to be said about this years game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Does any of the new/old features matter if gameplay is not better?

Yeah they matter because even with stellar game play, which some feel that game in 2007 had, it can only go so far without a career/franchise mode. I get that game play is key but so is the team management side for long term immersion and replay. I actually think game play is headed in the right direction, it's the career stuff that I am concerned about.

I was really focused on getting M25 for the new consoles, considering the game play should have a clean slate and new engine to build from but I don't know that I can just spend my time playing random online head to head. That's what I would be stuck doing even there isn't more features/fixes coming for CFM.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Yeah they matter because even with stellar game play, which some feel that game in 2007 had, it can only go so far without a career/franchise mode. I get that game play is key but so is the team management side for long term immersion and replay. I actually think game play is headed in the right direction, it's the career stuff that I am concerned about.

I was really focused on getting M25 for the new consoles, considering the game play should have a clean slate and new engine to build from but I don't know that I can just spend my time playing random online head to head. That's what I would be stuck doing even there isn't more features/fixes coming for CFM.
I love owners mode I always have and dont get me wrong Im really excited about being able to move teams and everything but I feel like it will be fun for a few weeks but its still one of those things that been there done that kind of feelings. To me without the core football experiance with good stats,kick returns and everything on the field it just seems to be the same old broke game.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't think we know what's all under the hood, yet.

There seems to be some presentation stuff that is under NDA from my understanding.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

While I am waiting to get to actually play the game, I do feel that without better implemented gameplay, all of the owner mode and stuff won't make a difference, for me. I LOVE all of those modes but when what happens in between all of that is stale, it just gets boring. I do like what they're doing so far with the gameplay, especially the foot planting, but can't really tell until you make that juke yourself.
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't think we know what's all under the hood, yet.

There seems to be some presentation stuff that is under NDA from my understanding.
Yup, I think features that overlap heavily with the next gen feature set are being omitted currently until after at least today.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Why are you throwing out a hypothetical you know the answer to? What person is going to come on here and say "I don't care if game play is terrible and unplayable as long as I have owner mode." ?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »