Home

It's Raining in Seattle (A Dual M's and Rainiers Franchise) MLB13 The Show

This is a discussion on It's Raining in Seattle (A Dual M's and Rainiers Franchise) MLB13 The Show within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
It's Raining in Seattle (A Dual M's and Rainiers Franchise) MLB13 The Show

Franchise will cover the M's as well as the AAA Tacoma Rainiers.
I will be playing the AAA games. My plan is to still play every 3rd game, only because I want to post multiple years, and I played all 162, it would take a very long time.

Playing level is Allstar Pitching and Hitting
I am doing 30 team control this time with my main focus on trades and drafting for the other 29 teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
Legend

KHarmo88's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: It's Raining in Seattle (A Dual M's and Rainiers Franchise) MLB13 The Show

Deuce this is a great idea. I had thought about doing something like this with Indianapolis or Altoona but decided to stick to my traditional franchise. Looking forward to this!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

It's the last week of spring training, and Rainier fans are excited wondering what players will be reporting to Tacoma this year. With a loaded farm system, Tacoma expects once again to challenge for the PCL Crown as they did in 2010 making it all the way to the championship game before losing to the Columbus Clippers. However the biggest news in Tacoma is the fact that the Front Office in Seattle has announced that the Rainiers will have their own General Manager. Ryan "The Deuce" Scott will work hand in hand with M's GM Jack Zduriencik in trade discussions as well as other player personal decisions.

The first of those being the naming of a new team manager. Darren Brown is not returning for his 8th season and instead he will bring in a former player he grew up idolizing well watching baseball after school.

THE TACOMA RAINIERS NEW MANAGER

Ryne "Ryno" Sandberg played 16 years with the Chicago Cubs and was named to the Hall of Fame in 2005. Managing is not new to Ryno as he worked his way through the Cubs farm system managing from 07 to 2010 when he lead the Iowa Cubs to a 82-62 record and was named Manager of the Year. Many thought Sandberg was a shoe in to replace Lou Piniella as the Cubs MLB manager but the Front Office had other ideas, and Ryne left for the team that drafted him, (the Phillies). In 2011 Ryno managed the Phillies AAA Leigh Valley Pigs leading them to the playoffs in the International League once again being named Manager of the Year.

In 2012 Sandberg was promoted to 3B Coach and Infield Instructor for the Phillies, but now it's hello Tacoma where he will look to win his 3rd Manager of the Year award.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
Deuce this is a great idea. I had thought about doing something like this with Indianapolis or Altoona but decided to stick to my traditional franchise. Looking forward to this!

Thanks. I think it's going to be a lot of fun and as you will see, I have a great man leading the team. Hopefully with his help, he will make Franklin into a amazing 2B.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

It's a shame that bad cpu logic ruined your last franchise, but I'll be following since I'm sure this one will be just as good if not better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

TACOMA RAINIERS 25 MAN ROSTER IS SET!!!

After watching the final week of Spring training and seeing the cuts, Rainiers manager Ryne Sandberg knew he would have plenty of Major League talent and a team that could challenge for a Pacific Coast AAA Crown, with stars on the mound and at the plate, however there was 2 names that wasn't on the list that Ryno still wanted. #1 Overall prospect Taijuan Walker was heading to AA Jackson where he will be the #1 in the rotation. Only 20 yrs old, the M's front office decided they didn't want to rush Walker quite yet. Also going to AA was SS Billy Miller. Miller shined over the past weeks of Spring Training, so much that some now view him as the teams #1 SS prospect, but with SS C. Triunfel scheduled to be back at Tacoma again this season, the front office wanted Miller getting fulltime AB's at his natural position.

But like we said the roster is not void of talent, as Tacoma will boost the M's #2,#3,#4,#6,#9 and #11 prospects. Here is a look at the team starting behind the plate with the #2 prospect 22 yr old Mike Zunino. (79 A)

Zunino was the M's #3 overall pick last season. After starting the year in Single A Everett, Zunino graduated to AA Jackson where he logged 57 AB's and now he is in AAA Tacoma. If he continues at this rate, most expect him in Seattle by the All-Star Break.

Backing up Zunino will be 24 yr Jesus Sucre (65 D).

Starting at 1B will be 25 yr old R/R Rich Poythress (64 D). Poythress is probably best known for hi 2010 season in which he hit 31 HR's at High Desert. Poythress was the M's 2nd Round pick in 09.

At 2B is the #4 prospect. 22 yr old Nick Franklin (77 B). Franklin is viewed as the M's top middle infield prospect and could find himself playing either SS or 2B at the next level, it just depends who needs replaced first in B. Ryan or D. Ackley. He was the M's 1st round pick #27 Overall in 2009.

At SS is 23 yr old Carlos Triunfel (66 A). Triunfel stock is on the decline as he was once considered a Top-50 prospect in 2009. Now 4 years later Triunfel is looking to make a statement in Tacoma and show he was the high caliber player scouts thought he was.

At 3B will be 24 yr old Alex Liddi (60 B) Liddi is best known for his play in the World Baseball Classic playing for his home country of Italy, but don't forget this kid hit .259 with 30 HR's 104 RBI's and scored 121 runs in 2011 for the Rainiers. If Ryno can get those type of # again from Liddi he will be very happy.

Playing DH and a Super Utility Role will be 24 yr old Stefen Romero (76 B). Romero rated #9 played primarily 3B well at Oregon State, but he will see time at 3B,2B and 1B this year well in Tacoma and could even play some in LF/RF. He will also be the primary DH. In 2012, Romero was the Mariners Minor League Player of the Year after he hit .352/.391/.599 with 23 home runs and 101 runs batted in with the Jackson Generals.

Also filling out a Utility role will be 26 yr old Eric Farris (64 C). Farris joined the M's in 2012 as a Rule 5 draft pick from the Brewers. He will be the primary backup at 2B and SS

In the Outfield the Rainers will have 26 yr old C. Perguero (56 D) a power hitting lefty, 35 yr old journeyman Endy Chavez (77 C) and 24 yr old Denny Almonte (67 C) in CF and RF E. Thames (74 B).

Sandberg-"To have 2 guys with the type of talent that Chavez and Thames have starting for you, is a blessing. I love Endy's leadership and Thames has the abilities to be called up very soon. Both will be big bats for us this year well we have them. Almonte is one of those guy's who help you everywhere. He has a nice blend of power and speed and being a switch hitter will give us some options as the starters are all lefty's."

Another big bat in the OF as well as some 3B, is the #11 Overall prospect 24 yr old Vinnie Catricala (66 C). Catricala played for Tacoma last year batting .229 with 10 HR and 60 RBI's. In 2011 he split time between High Desert and AA Jackson batting .359 with 25 HR's 106 RBI's and 17 SB's. He will play some 3B and DH but will if he can continue to work on his OF defense he could take LF from Peguero.

Well the bats look great and have some talent it's the starting 5 that has Ryno most excited about this season, as the #3 and #6 prospects as well as 2 former big leaguers form a dangerous 1-4 rotation.

#1 will be 22 yr old E. Ramirez (86 B) who many had as the #3 or #4 in the M's rotation,but after dealing with some injury issues this spring ER will start in Tacoma. Nobody expect the RHP to stay for very long. Filling the #2 and #3 spots are top prospects and 2 of the M's "Big 3" LHP Danny Hultzen(80 A) and LHP James Paxton (76 B). Just 23 and 24 yrs old these 2 have bright futures with the M's and have the potential to be #2 or #3 starters for any teams rotation. Both dealt with command issues last year, but once they get that under control, they will be on the fast track to Seattle. Joining them in the #4 spot is former Detroit Tiger Jeremy Bonderman (74 D) Bonderman now 30 yrs old is a Pacific Northwest native who hopes by signing a minor league deal can pitch his way back into "The Show"

Ryno-"I am excited to have Bonderman on our staff. He pitched 4 games in the 2006 playoffs against the Yankees. He won 14 games that year. He was a 07 Allstar, before having a horrible 2nd half, but this guy's knows how to pitch and can be a great mentor to the young guys"

Filling out the rotation will be 26 yr old RHP Andrew Carraway (71 C) He made 20 starts last year in Tacoma going 5-7 with a 4.66 ERA.

In the Bullpen it will be 24 yr old RHP Chance Ruffin (68 D) a converted closer from the Tigers in the Fister trade, 24 yr old RHP Y. Medina (71 C), 33 yr old RHP Josh Kinney (76 C), 26 yr old LHP Bobby Lafromboise (72 C), 23 yr old RHP M. Brazis (69 C), 24 yr old LHP Roenis Ellis (69 C) and 23 yr old Closer Carson Smith (77 B)

Sandberg "The Bullpen probably is our biggest ? mark, only becacuse most of them havn't spent much time in AAA. Smith has a lot of talent and could be a great closer but if he falters I have no problem going to Ruffin who was a 1st round pick by the Tigers in 2010. Kinnney gives us a experience arm in the pen and like Bonderman, will be a valuable teacher."

So there it is folks your 25 man roster for the start of the 2013 season in Tacoma. Now let the fun begin.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamm16
It's a shame that bad cpu logic ruined your last franchise, but I'll be following since I'm sure this one will be just as good if not better
Thanks.. It's always nice to know you got loyal followers. I am hoping that the dual posting of using Tacoma well also giving MLB updates will flow nicely. The nice thing is, if I get bored with the Rainiers I can always jump to the M's as well. Having 30 team control will also be a big help.. When I first started the other I didnt' realize how bad the CPU trade logic was. It was just to crazy to see guy's like Mauer being dealt to the Redsox for a SS prospect, or guy's like T. Hudson and his 10 wins going from 1st place Atlanta with 2 SP A prospects to Pittsburgh for LHP F. Liriano who was 5-7 with a 5.00 something ERA. Not to mention all the crappy deals the Royals were making.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Rainiers split series opener with Fresno

It only took 4 games into the 2013 season before we saw a roster change. Starting CF E. Chavez was called up to Seattle after 1B/DH K. Morales was put on the 15-Day DL with a MCL sprain. The Rainiers called up former New York Yankees prospect 22 yr old Abraham Almonte (67 D) no relation to Denny.

Also noted. LHP Lucas Luetge was put on the 60 Day DL with a broken forearm. SP Hector Noesi was called up from AA Jackson to take his spot on the M's roster.

Now to a recap of the 4 game series with the Grizzlies.

Game 1 (Win 5-2)
Chavez was 3/4 with a HR (part of the reason for his callup) S. Romero went 2/3 including a 2-run double. Franklin also had a RBI double.

E. Ramirez pitched 8 2/3 giving up just 6 hits and 2 runs well striking out 3 for the win. (1-0). Smith got the final out with 2 runners on base with a strikeout to get the save (1).

Game 2 (Loss 0-1)
D. Hultzen pitched well going 6 1/3 giving up just 3 hits and 1 run well striking out 4 but got zero run support as the bat's managed just 3 hits.

J. Kinney pitched the final 1 2/3 giving up 2 hits, striking out 2.

At the plate it was Chavez, Zunino and Thames who managed hits.

Game 3 (Loss 0-2)
J. Paxton knows how his fellow Big 3 teammate feels, as the lefty went 7 innings giving up 5 hits and 2 runs striking out 7, but took the loss (0-1).

The Grizzlies J. Fitzgerald went 6 innings giving up 8 hits but worked out of 2 bases loaded situations with key strikeouts to keep the Rainiers off the scoreboard. Fitzgerald finished with 8 K's, well the bullpen combined for 7 more.

Sandberg-"Striking out 15 times is unacceptable!!!, either they are going to learn at hitting balls, or being selective or our roster will see more then 1 change this week"

E. Thames went 2/3 and was the only player not to strikeout and the only player to take a 6 pitch walk. A. Liddi was the only other player to manage 2 hits going 2/4.

LaFromboise struckout his first batter he faced in the 8t before giving up back to back hits. Y. Medina came in and got a strikeout and ground ball out to finish the 8th.

Game 4 (Win 3-2)*14 Innings)

Everyone loves free baseball, but the crowd was pretty empty when the Rainiers finally got the winning run in the 14th, after watching 0-0 baseball for 11 innings.

Starter J. Bonderman went 5 1/3 giving up 5 hits and 2 runs well striking out 5, then the bullpen dominated giving up 7 hits in 8 2/3 scoreless.
J. Kinney 2 2/3 2 hits 2 K's
Y. Medina 3 2/3 4 hits 2 K's
M. Brazis 1 / 1 hit 2 K's (got the W 1-0)
C. Smith scoreless 14th 1 K (Save #2)

At the plate it was S. Romero coming up huge going 3/7 with the game winning RBI. A. Liddi goes 1/4 and leads the team in hitting at .375. M. Zunino goes 2/7 but strikesout 4 times in the cleanup spot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »