Home

Is there help on the way with the freeze

This is a discussion on Is there help on the way with the freeze within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Is there help on the way with the freeze

Has there been any head way made to deal with the game freezing. I love this game to death. But EVERY game I play. The sound goes out. and then it freezes and locks up the PS3. This sux...because so far this was easily the best version of this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
Pro

jseward92's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Is there help on the way with the freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
Has there been any head way made to deal with the game freezing. I love this game to death. But EVERY game I play. The sound goes out. and then it freezes and locks up the PS3. This sux...because so far this was easily the best version of this game.
I'm not experiencing this. Could it be your PS3? Does it freeze at a certain point every game?
Old 05-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24

Don't think I've had a single freeze this year.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #4
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

I've had quite a few freezes. Hard freezes. Like I have to shut my PS3 off and then restore any files that were damaged kind of freeze.

I don't really know why I have this issue. I have the digital version. Maybe it is because I have quite a few sounds of the show on there. I think there might be some relation to having a bunch of sounds of the show and the freezing but I could be wrong.

Also, I know this is probably coincidence, but if I am playing RTTS and I am having a really good game, it is more likely to freeze haha. It's never really froze on me during a bad game (and I have more bad/mediocre games than good). I know, probably just coincidence... but still aggravating.
Like hitting a 2-run triple, I wanted to take it in and watch the replay.. froze while there was a close up on my player.
Another example: going 3/5 with an RBI double, stolen base, couple of runs scored.. I get the game over with and I let the cut scenes to take place because I was happy about my performance and thought I might get player of the game. Froze when it showed the coaches high fiving in the dugout.
(This is why I think there might be relation to sounds of the show, because I have custom music for getting base hits, driving in runs and winning the game.)

It also seems to freeze frequently while I am going through rosters. Like manually injuring/editing players.

And it is definitely more likely to happen, the longer I play the game in one sitting.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

My freeze doesnt happen at the same point of the game....but usually happens after inning 5. I can tell it happens because the commentary cuts in and out. Also ...when looking at the Jumbotron its not always up to date. It will have the wrong hitter (usually an earlier hitter) or earlier cut scene.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3no_11
I've had quite a few freezes. Hard freezes. Like I have to shut my PS3 off and then restore any files that were damaged kind of freeze.

I don't really know why I have this issue. I have the digital version. Maybe it is because I have quite a few sounds of the show on there. I think there might be some relation to having a bunch of sounds of the show and the freezing but I could be wrong.

Also, I know this is probably coincidence, but if I am playing RTTS and I am having a really good game, it is more likely to freeze haha. It's never really froze on me during a bad game (and I have more bad/mediocre games than good). I know, probably just coincidence... but still aggravating.
Like hitting a 2-run triple, I wanted to take it in and watch the replay.. froze while there was a close up on my player.
Another example: going 3/5 with an RBI double, stolen base, couple of runs scored.. I get the game over with and I let the cut scenes to take place because I was happy about my performance and thought I might get player of the game. Froze when it showed the coaches high fiving in the dugout.
(This is why I think there might be relation to sounds of the show, because I have custom music for getting base hits, driving in runs and winning the game.)

It also seems to freeze frequently while I am going through rosters. Like manually injuring/editing players.

And it is definitely more likely to happen, the longer I play the game in one sitting.
I also have the digital version, but no freezes. Every week I rebuild the database.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

If I rebuild the database, will I have to re-cue and re-assign all of my sounds of the show?
Old 05-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #8
Rookie

StrongIsland666's Arena

OVR: 1

i had no problems till it automatically updated on me... damn

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »