Home

how do you deal with ball hogs...

This is a discussion on how do you deal with ball hogs... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
how do you deal with ball hogs...

in online blacktop? a lot of selfish, dumb asses playing that mode, and when they get to be pg, you could go the whole game without getting a touch, which just ruins the game(besides rebounds, steals). when that happens, i make sure to grab the boards, go back to near half court line, and just stand there with the ball till the shot clock starts to run low before making a move, and getting a shot off with 1 second left on shot clock, or pass it to whoevers not hogging so they can get the shot up. after seeing me do that they'll usually wisen up and start playing team ball, or not, and i'll keep doing it all game, i don't care. usually they either quit, or start passing. man, crew REALLY needs to return.

Last edited by green225; 05-15-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: how do you deal with ball hogs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
in online blacktop? a lot of selfish, dumb asses playing that mode, and when they get to be pg, you could go the whole game without getting a touch, which just ruins the game(besides rebounds, steals). when that happens, i make sure to grab the boards, go back to near half court line, and just stand there with the ball till the shot clock starts to run low before making a move, and getting a shot off with 1 second left on shot clock, or pass it to whoevers not hogging so they can get the shot up. after seeing me do that they'll usually wisen up and start playing team ball, or not, and i'll keep doing it all game, i don't care. usually they either quit, or start passing. man, crew REALLY needs to return.
Play with friends or don't play it at all. I never play blacktop, it's a joke, 99 overalls fading 3s or 20 seconds of dribbling for a dunk.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I just stand around and do nothing on the sidelines.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I just stand around and do nothing on the sidelines.
If you play offense by yourself, you can play defense by yourself? I've done this too.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:03 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

If you run with randoms it's inevitable you're going to play with some ballhogs. I've just learned to accept the fact that if I choose to play quickmatch with randoms, that's what I should fully expect to encounter. So the best way to counter it is to build up your friends list with good, unselfish ballers.

But a lot of times if some one is being overly ball-hoggish (usually the white-shirt noobs lol), I will chase them around wherever they go and bring my defender and myself in his path. This frustrates them a lot or they get the clue.

Some ball hogging is justified tho. If my only options to pass to are some noobs who have zero ball security and keep getting picked, have zero clue how to move without the ball, or keep putting up ill-advised shots... it's less likely they'll get the ball as often as they want. So in a way you gotta earn it lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMajorNoob
If you play offense by yourself, you can play defense by yourself? I've done this too.
Exactly! There have been times where I would jump on the mic and talk trash to my teammate for the entire game. What kills me are the fools who call me bum then tell me thats the reason why they didn't pass the ball to me. What? How in the hell does someone make that conclusion in the first five seconds of getting the ball at the top?
Old 05-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
Rookie

jazzandliquor's Arena

You would think these people who are so bent on ball hogging would just play myCareer or something if they have no intention of team playing. Even worse to me is the people who love to jack up contested threes non stop the whole entire game no matter if they being doubled or tripled teamed.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't, I leave the game.

I usually play online team-up instead, and with friends that actually understand the term called 'teamwork'.

Chelsea FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »