Home

The "Little Brother" Treatment

This is a discussion on The "Little Brother" Treatment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4
The "Little Brother" Treatment

It's no secret that Big Brother Madden usually gets first dibs on game improvements and additions. This year, NCAA was the first to break out with the news of Infinity 2.0, Force Impact, Stumble Recovery and maybe a few other features. Seeing Madden release the news of things like the precision modifier, recovery on defense, new diving/lunging tackles and sideline/endzone interception animations, I'm just wondering if these made it in NCAA and just weren't mentioned because Madden intended on releasing the news about them. I haven't seen a definite answer as to whether these things are Madden exclusive and was wondering if anybody who has had hands-on time with the game could shed some light on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The "Little Brother" Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKjersey53
It's no secret that Big Brother Madden usually gets first dibs on game improvements and additions. This year, NCAA was the first to break out with the news of Infinity 2.0, Force Impact, Stumble Recovery and maybe a few other features. Seeing Madden release the news of things like the precision modifier, recovery on defense, new diving/lunging tackles and sideline/endzone interception animations, I'm just wondering if these made it in NCAA and just weren't mentioned because Madden intended on releasing the news about them. I haven't seen a definite answer as to whether these things are Madden exclusive and was wondering if anybody who has had hands-on time with the game could shed some light on this.
Possibly. But most of the people that played the game played it in March and some things weren't implemented yet
Old 05-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
I think they kinda do it on purpose just so it would make the games look different enough to warrant both for a purchase.

I could be wrong but seems that way sometimes
Old 05-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I think it's just the release dates that cause it to feel like NCAA is the little brother. If they develop as a studio for 10 months a year you figure that cycle is from november-august. Madden has more of a window in that time frame to make adjustments and add to the game. NCAA gets to improve on what madden did and take the first steps towards innovation, then Madden gets to roll with the innovation and continue it.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 05-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I hate the above argument. NCAA releases a month and a half before madden, they start working on the next release before madden does. Madden does not get a longer cycle. On fact. NCAA developers know what is going into Madden so they have plenty of time to implement them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm just going off of what EA said about the Infinity engine that made it into last season of madden and not NCAA. They said the extra month before Madden was released allowed them to put it in Madden and not NCAA. Now NCAA gets to release the first "updated" version of it, but Madden has a full extra month to build even more off of the updates NCAA makes.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 05-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #7
Rookie

djvio_lator's Arena

OVR: 3

In my experience, I've seen NCAA used as a testing ground for ideas they are looking to implement into Madden. If the idea works, they tweak it and put in Madden. If it doesn't work, the NCAA crowd is stuck with it and they try something else for Madden or don't bother at all. I think a good example of this is the new pass animations and such that were implemented into NCAA 13 and then a lot of the same things were put into Madden.

It's just the way it is, I don't think NCAA will ever really be able to separate itself.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #8
Rookie

ryan's Arena

OVR: 1

They rush NCAA anyway...the older versions we grown to love didn't come out until July 31

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »