Home

Dead last in the league in Strikeouts, need help!

This is a discussion on Dead last in the league in Strikeouts, need help! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Dead last in the league in Strikeouts, need help!

Hey guys, I'm playing on All-Star Analog with close to default sliders (Hum Pitcher Control and consistency at 3 though) and after 25 games in my Royals franchise I'm last in the league in Strike Outs by a big margin. At the same time my runs allowed is league average.
Do you have any advices for me how to get more Ks? And does anybody here have similar issues?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dead last in the league in Strikeouts, need help!

Sorry can't help as i sim about half my games mainly to avoid falling to far behind in certain stats as there's always a few stats in most sports games that i fall way behind in.
I also think i would be near the bottom with strikes if i didn't sim.

ATM with TS13 i am 12 BB behind the 2nd last team and over 100 behind the leading team. I have even been re-simming games if i don't get more than 3 or more walks in a simmed game. I keep the result of the 1st sim so if i lost i would keep trying until i got a loss with some walks.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24

Welcome to Analog pitching.

I strongly recommend you lower the CPU Contact slider by 1 point. It's what I've been doing all year. All decade, really.

You'll want to increase CPU Solid Hits 1 point, and that should maintain CPU offensive numbers.

Edit: Alternatively, you could raise the difficulty level THEN lower CPU Contact by 1 point. That's a much harsher option though. If you're as bad as me at pitching you'll still get your butt handed to you even with the Contact drop.

Last edited by Bobhead; 05-15-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Welcome to Analog pitching.

I strongly recommend you lower the CPU Contact slider by 1 point. It's what I've been doing all year. All decade, really.

You'll want to increase CPU Solid Hits 1 point, and that should maintain CPU offensive numbers.

Edit: Alternatively, you could raise the difficulty level THEN lower CPU Contact by 1 point. That's a much harsher option though. If you're as bad as me at pitching you'll still get your butt handed to you even with the Contact drop.
I totally agree with this. I firmly believe it is all because of the Analog pitching. The only way I got decent Strikeout numbers was to switch to Classic pitching.

I believe you need to mess with the sliders to get the strikeout numbers you are seeking. It is all going to be a process of trial-and-error - good luck!
Old 05-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Hey guys, I'm playing on All-Star Analog with close to default sliders (Hum Pitcher Control and consistency at 3 though) and after 25 games in my Royals franchise I'm last in the league in Strike Outs by a big margin. At the same time my runs allowed is league average.
Do you have any advices for me how to get more Ks? And does anybody here have similar issues?
what are you using on two strike counts?

I get a lot of strike outs (im 4th in the league overall and Lester is #2) and on two strike pitches i use change up, slider, curve and sinkers and get people to strike out.

On sliders and curves start out of the strike zone and have it drop in the strike zone. Change ups inside always works well for me.

I get an ave of 8-10 k's a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthday_massacre
what are you using on two strike counts?

I get a lot of strike outs (im 4th in the league overall and Lester is #2) and on two strike pitches i use change up, slider, curve and sinkers and get people to strike out.

On sliders and curves start out of the strike zone and have it drop in the strike zone. Change ups inside always works well for me.

I get an ave of 8-10 k's a game.
On All-Star difficulty?? With Pure Analog pitching?
Old 05-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Interesting to see that I'm not the only one. Makes me feeling better. The last 2 games I had a bit more success but nothing that could make the deficit to the rest of the league lol. Will post the exact numbers later. But since you guys also experience the same problems with Analog pitching I guess it's not just a fluke that will even out eventually.

I have CPU contact at 5 and solid hits at 4, so I will try your suggestion Bobhead!

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 05-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
Pro

jseward92's Arena

OVR: 14

I use All Star difficulty and use the meter. I average right around 9 to 10 K's per game. When I get 2 strikes I will usually throw a curveball or slider out of the zone to see if they will chase. Then maybe mix in a change-up. Usually try and throw it low dropping out of the zone or throw it inside/outside and middle of the up/down zone. The majority of times they miss it or I end up missing with a ball. I think that is my most effective strikeout pitch is the change-up belt high either on the inside or outside corner. Just mix up your pitches and you should have better results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »