Home

New to Association, how do I enjoy it the best?

This is a discussion on New to Association, how do I enjoy it the best? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
Rookie

WhosJab's Arena

OVR: 1
New to Association, how do I enjoy it the best?

I've always just played MyCareer and Quick Ranked Matches, I want to get into association and would like to know how do I enjoy it the most ? Which Roster ? Slider Set ? Settings ? Etc....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New to Association, how do I enjoy it the best?

Well idk about you but I get bored from association easily if I make trades that aren't realistic. As of now I only trade when it's near the trading deadline and it has to be trades that make sense for both teams. None of that "trade garbage players for players with high potential" BS. It's actually been the longest I've played association... I usually delete my association after like 3 days
Old 05-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

I personally like vtcrb's 'Trifecta' roster, he updated it throughout the season, download the V3. Then use his custom sliders with that roster. It works out so well, and it is a blast.

Chelsea FC
Old 05-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #4
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

You only just tried association after 7 months? I would've thought that is the mode with by far the most longevity abd replayibility.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:46 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
I personally like vtcrb's 'Trifecta' roster, he updated it throughout the season, download the V3. Then use his custom sliders with that roster. It works out so well, and it is a blast.

Actually we just released a version 4 for the playoffs. Plus I have made a template association file with opening night rosters for users to start their associations and with REDITOR MC I have replaced all generic coaches and staff members with every coach, assistant coach for every team so you will experience association unlike anything else by using our roster or our association file. We are hardcore association players and so from the beginning our goal for our roster set was made for association mode players.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I usually do two different kinda of associations:

One is with the real rosters and no trades through the first year so I can play and get good with a real team. This way I get to see my stats for each player and go good with that team when I play online or with a friend.

My second kind is a start an association with a middle of the pack or worse team and rebuild them. I don't make many trades the first year, except maybe one to clear cap space or one to get rid of an angry player. Then I use the draft and FA along with minimal trades to start the rebuilding process in year 2.
I try to make a team by year 3 that is fun to play with and young.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

I think rebuilding an old team (celtics, spurs, knicks) or a young team with potential (hornets, cavaliers, kings) is the most fun. I decide what direction I want to go (full rebuild, build around a certain player, go for draft picks, go for fa and so on) and then simulate the first season, maybe resign a few important players. The first off-season is where I'm starting to pull some strings.

You should try that and also try not to do unrealistic signings or trades.

You can also controll every single team and do the most realistic signings and trades yourself because the AI obviously sucks at roster logic.

Oh and beware of the player roles, they're broken. 6th men like K-Mart, JR or Jamal will get frustrated if you let them come off the bench and sooner or later demand a trade. So you should probably switch player roles off.

Last edited by iker30; 05-14-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
Pro

mpac's Arena

OVR: 1

If you are new in playing association, i think one of the most important thing is first choose your favorite team or a team that has your favorite player, then try to build around him. Thats the first step to at least keep you interested while playing.

Then when you start to feel boring, try to do some few moves to keep yourself playing and then try to think of a good storyline in your game just like playing GI Joe when you are small

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »